PDA

View Full Version : my appeal for esa declined, dont no what to do?

kim1
03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
i have recently been declined my appeal for esa,I have had problems with my GP who has now referred me back to community psychiatric team.I have bpd and dependancy disorder,which was diagnosed two years ago,it erupted due to severe depression and i had a relationship badly end.As i said my esa has been declined today and not sure what to do, my gp is not helpful with my medical certificates which i have had to supply, but i am very depressed my meds do not help at the moment,so my sleeping is affected badly, i have panic attacks, and bad bouts of severe crying episodes.I dont no what to do concerning my benefit,if i can re-claim esa,if anyone can help i would be very grateful kim

belvederebabe
03-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi Kim I grew up in Chessington .. welcome...

I am sure someone will be able offer some advice on here soon, I personally don't know what happens after an appeal is declined but am sure someone on here will... xx

kim1
03-30-2011, 12:57 PM
thank you, i hope so too, im at my wits end xx

Duncan
03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
If you have appealed being found fit for for work after attending a medical, the ESA is put back in payment untill the appeal is heard. You should have appealed using the form GL24 which you can get from the Job Centre.

You need to keep putting in sicknotes in order to get paid once you have made the appeal.

Account removed
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
We need to know a bit more.

Was this an appeal or was it an assessment the WCA.

Do you know how many points you had.

kim1
03-30-2011, 02:58 PM
it was a appeal, it took over 6 months to come through,the actual medical was not based on my mental illness, just asking what i done in a day,the appeal was based on how i was at the medical, not the present. i didnt score any points.

Account removed
03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I get this a lot people say to me the medical was wrong, sadly the WCA is not a medical it's to see if your capable of working, they are not saying your not ill or disabled they are just saying look you can work.

So for you now you will need to get JSA so having a good doctor is essential, he will need to give you

kim1
03-30-2011, 03:44 PM
my gp has left and now have a local doctor who is very rude and doesnt seem to listen, he is keepin me on the same meds but i cant sleep alot and get very anxious in the night,panicing, he has referred me back to the psychiatrist.Im getting very anxious and upset that im not being listened too.I have just now put in a new claim for esa but they are having to send me the forms as the date of closure isnt on there computer, they are asking for me to get a letter of my gp to say my health has deteriorated, and a medical certificate,i just dont no wat to do !

Account removed
03-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm having problems posting on here today for some reason.

OK look you had no points at your last appointment, so going for the ESA again will be worthless unless you know what's gone wrong, obviously the answers you have to the questions were not good enough.

And if you go ahead again and do the same thing you will get the same results.

So now then you need to see your GP ask him what he feels about your illness, if he tells you he does not think your that ill or thinks your able to work, then it's time to find another doctor, do not take it to heart some doctors are Pratt's.

Then you need to accept that the last assessment was a trial run and you need to do better this time, so you need to talk to your nurse your doctors your Psychiatrist and your help from the social services. Then when you fill in your forms go to the CAB or the Dial or get advice from the local law society.

You will never get the right results without help, you tried the last time and failed, you need those 15 points.

kim1
03-30-2011, 04:47 PM
thank you, il make appointment with my doctor, just seems every time i go he is rude and has no time, he keeps getting me to do the questionaire on depression, if i have no luck i will change gp.n i will get in touch with cab, they seemed to help me before.thanks again kim

andypandy
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Can you completely change the surgery you attend ?

kim1
04-01-2011, 05:00 PM
yes i can change gps, ive made a apt for monday to see the doctor,ive been asked by esa to get my gp to write a letter to say my illness has deteriorated since the last claim.im not sure if he will help me.im gona try,and get a cerificate back dated from the 14th febuary,but i dont understand i was still recieving esa and sending certificates till monday just gone.im not sure if a doctor will do a certificate like that.its so difficult, the cab has been a help telling me to go to gp and see if they are helpful, if not change gp or make a claim for jobseekers.i dont no wat to do! now they have stopped my housing benefit from the 14th feb,its a mess........................

Account removed
04-01-2011, 05:53 PM
You need to get money, so you need to sign on for JSA as soon as possible, no good fighting if your kicked out of your home.

I would suggest you sign on for Job seekers, and then re apply for ESA. this would give you time enough to sort out your GP it would also give you enough time to sort out all the medical information you need.

andypandy
04-01-2011, 07:07 PM
I didn't mean change GP Kim, I meant change the actual surgery that you go to

kim1
04-03-2011, 10:45 PM
thank u treborc i will get in touch with job centre tomoro to cancel my esa claim and start jsa, n look into gp wen i go tomoro, n andy my gp i have now has taken over from my doctor as he left so there are onli him and a locum there, i am going to see wat happens tomoro and maybe change gp.thank u andy for ur advice,

Account removed
04-04-2011, 06:02 AM
No need to cancel your ESA medical since you have lost your appeal you have no choice now but sign on JSA

Duncan
04-04-2011, 09:05 AM
A new claim for ESA can be made even if you lose an appeal. The rules state that once 6 months have passed since being found fit at a medical, a new ESA claim can be made. As it takes over 6 months for an appeal to be heard a new claim for ESA can be made unless you wish to sign on.

Regulation 30 of The Employment and Support Allowance Regulations 2008 applies.

A new claim can also be made within the 6 months if there is a new medical problem that makes you unfit for work or an existing medical problem you were found fit with has got worse.

kathy
09-16-2011, 12:12 PM
i have never been for a medical and they have , said im fit for work been disabled now for 22 years with aneriaxia and mental health problems my gp wrote letter in saying she didt want me to have medical as im ill and got reply back today stating im fit for work related groups what do i do now

davewhit
09-19-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm having problems posting on here today for some reason.

OK look you had no points at your last appointment, so going for the ESA again will be worthless unless you know what's gone wrong, obviously the answers you have to the questions were not good enough.

And if you go ahead again and do the same thing you will get the same results.

So now then you need to see your GP ask him what he feels about your illness, if he tells you he does not think your that ill or thinks your able to work, then it's time to find another doctor, do not take it to heart some doctors are Pratt's.

Then you need to accept that the last assessment was a trial run and you need to do better this time, so you need to talk to your nurse your doctors your Psychiatrist and your help from the social services. Then when you fill in your forms go to the CAB or the Dial or get advice from the local law society.

You will never get the right results without help, you tried the last time and failed, you need those 15 points.

rather than take the above advice and think your dr a pratt .... if he says your fit for work and not ill .... start with making sure the dr has all the information on your illness and that his notes are up to date .find out why he thinks what he does and see where he is coimng from .. before going look at the esa form (you can download it) makes notes on the questions that are about you and take it with you to your dr give him a copy

take someone with you if you can. swap dr and if you have failed to get across your problems another dr wont help might do more harm

andypandy
09-19-2011, 04:17 PM
i have never been for a medical and they have , said im fit for work been disabled now for 22 years with aneriaxia and mental health problems my gp wrote letter in saying she didt want me to have medical as im ill and got reply back today stating im fit for work related groups what do i do now

Hi Kathy

This original post is 6 months old so you really need to start your own thread and then you will get more answers

andypandy
09-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi D

This was originally posted about 6 months ago, to check whether things are still relevant if you take a look at the date in the top left hand corner of the post you can see when it was posted

cheers