PDA

View Full Version : Toll concessions for disabled people

Lighttouch
05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
I wish I knew about this a month ago!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/MotoringAndTransport/Bluebadgescheme/DG_181209

jdtaylor
05-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Seems a bit unfair on general blue badge users and one of them for people' regsstered visually impaiered, might be a breach of the equality act as being discriminatory, any how it's just one of those things.

Account removed
05-22-2011, 01:15 PM
This has been around for years even when it was orange badges. Not sure what you mean by general blue badge users, since by right you should be getting high rate of mobility

Lighttouch
05-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I applied for the M6 Toll exemption. It costs 15 and lasts for three years. I'm still pondering whether I'll get my monies worth out of it.

Account removed
05-25-2011, 07:45 AM
money making, the toll bridge at the M4 we could have built another two bridges from the money this lot makes out of it...or blown them up.

that's it now MI5 and six are on their way only kidding I'm not a member of the free Wales army or freedom for tolls

andypandy
05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
This has been around for years even when it was orange badges. Not sure what you mean by general blue badge users, since by right you should be getting high rate of mobility

Thats not true treborc, you can get a blue badge without being on HRM as GPs can help people get them on benefits or not. When I had my first one I was not claiming anything

Paul
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Surely in most cases it's more about being exempt from paying vehicle Tax Free than which benefits you are entitled to/having a blue badge or not, as the charging on bridges/toll roads is an extra "tax" for using the road system.

Therefore if you are not entitled to exemption (but have a blue badge) then you legally have to pay the full amount.

Whether this system is right or wrong I don't know, but I do know that the M6 Toll's sudden rise in "admin costs" from 5 for 3 years to 15 for 3 years is an atsronomical jump.

Plus if you are unfortunate enough to change your car midway through the 3 years, you have to stump up another 15 for a new card.

Account removed
06-07-2011, 08:58 AM
I live in the world in which we have to live with whats on offer, if a toll is free because you have a blue badge I will then use it, if I have to pay i will pay.

But looking at Governments plans for the future it's going to become more and more about the disabled being treated the same as ordinary non disabled people, we asked for so long to be treated equal the government have agreed. so look out for a great future

Lighttouch
06-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Different rules for different tolls. But you still need to apply for using one in advance - you can't just turn up and say you've got a blue badge or high rate mobility DLA.

Double check the link below

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/MotoringAndTransport/Bluebadgescheme/DG_181209

Account removed
06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes you can you can come into the M4 toll bridge show your blue badge and then sign a form which asks is this your badge, once signed you go through free.