PDA

View Full Version : Help!really worried!letter from customer compliance officer

micca
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
I received a letter this mornin saying that the jcp customer compliance people need to see me in order to discuss a query that has arisen on my claim .I am very ill with depression/anxiety and this is worrying the hell out of me !I dont know what I have done wrong !I receive middle rate care component DLA until 2013.I have just claimed for ESA five weeks ago as I am ill and out of work due to Depression/Anxiety.
My ex-partner still stays with me due to finance problems/joint mortage/current climate etc. He is also my carer .The relationship broke down due to my illness causing too much stress.However it was an amicable seperation.
What could this interview be for ?they wont tell me over the phone and I have to worry/not sleep/eat with anxiety until next week!HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS LETTER ?PLEASE HELP WITH ADVICE !THANKS FROM A VERY WORRIED PERSON !!

Lighttouch
06-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Not sure but check this out ... pre-warning may help reduce yor anxiety.

http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/asd5/rports2009-2010/rrep719.pdf

I'd take a friend with you to the meeting too. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Carneucopia
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi micca - it does sound as if they want to check your living arrangements with your ex. Can't be 100% sure of course, but given your circumstances it seems the most likely reason for the visit - and isn't at all uncommon in case like yours.
What the officer will be looking for is seperate bedrooms, cooking, food and laundry arrangements, and whether you have seperate financial arrangements, (ie no joint accounts etc) and how you share the bills.
As your carer, is your ex claiming Carers Allowance? This would help to show that he needs to be there. Was he there before you went off sick from work, and if so was he claiming benefits in his own right then? That could be part of the checks. Or - if he is still working and you are claiming ESA that will also be one of the concerns.
I really don't know how your ongoing joint mortgage will be viewed but - if he is also out of work now - have you tried to claim for help with the mortgage? (called SMI - Support for Mortgage Interest.)
It isn't much consolation but these days a lot of separated couples find themselves in the same situation. I would help I think if you can show that some efforts have been made to solve the joint mortgage issue - either by one of you trying to buy the other out - or by trying to sell the property. Apart from that take reasonable steps to show that you have completely seperate sleeping space. Be prepared to explain how the bills are dealt with. And if possible show that you have seperate sitting room areas - maybe one of you has a kind of bed-sitting room for example. Sharing the kitchen and bathroom is acceptable.

noeleen
07-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I have received a letter like that my self today ive got 3 kids 1 nearly 17yrs 1 is 13yrs an the other is 12yrs my 13 yr old was left profoundly deaf due too meningitis an has an a brain injury which effects his learning im his mother an im his carer my husband an i are seperated he sutained a brain injury 7 yrs ago made life harder for me an my kids they had no life with him unfortunately i am now seeing some 1 which is good can release some off my frustrations of on too him i dont go out im always with my kids they go were i go but going back to the letter ive never received anything like this b4 they r coming to my house on fri the 8th btween 9.30 an 4.30 they cant give a time wot do these people do
really really worried

Account removed
07-04-2011, 12:52 PM
same answer as above, these visit are to ensure your claiming the correct benefits.

micca
07-11-2011, 08:42 PM
The meeting with the customer compliance officer went well I think.I highlighted that my ex-partner and myself are living seperate lives ..cooking/shopping/washing clothes etc .We do have a joint account for just the mortgage but unfortunately thats not being.nither are half the bills due to lack of money.hopefully if my ex's financial circumstances change in the future he can buy me out but at the moment its a no go!This is now week eight .I called the benefits delivery centre for the 500th time today(so so hard because im so depressed!prozac not working !feeling lower by the min!) and I was told by a very blazay woman that the decision maker still hadnt got round to my claim and they should get round to it by the end of this week!!!!HOW BLOODY LONG DO THEY NEED!!!Ive already been waiting eight bloody weeks !Im living in poverty !!l have no food left !!my mobile has been cut off so im cut of from the world and thats not a good thing when you are suicidal!I told this woman that I have no money for food and she couldnt care less!she just kept repeating herself saying that they should make a decision this week !!ive been turned down for a crisis loan so I dont know what to do for food !!!Its inhumane to leave someone for eight weeks with no money !!Can I call back and ask to speak to her superior to get my claim taken on as a priority!!!as in TODAY!!Can the benefits agency do this to people ??let them live in poverty ?where do I stand legally ?surely I have rights !!!!Please reply!im very desperate!!!

micca
07-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Thankyou to you all who posted back when I was under alot of stress about that meeting!!very kind of you all!Good to know some people in the world care enough to post back support!feeling very low today!!!the stress from this claim and having no money to buy foods is pushing me further and further over the edge !!I dont know what to do!!!

micca
07-11-2011, 08:57 PM
they will probably want to check that you and your husband are not together anymore the same as me and my ex!!I hope it all goes well for you on friday!!stay strong !thats all we can do !!take care!

Carneucopia
07-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Sorry to hear about that delay Micca - it's unacceptable. But can't your ex claim Income Support himself? If he only gets Carers Allowance he might qualify for IS anyway regardless of what happens with your ESA claim.
And either you or him should also be looking at claiming the Support for Mortgage Interest payments -(SMI) as I said earlier. You don't have to be getting Income Support to claim that.

Account removed
07-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Micca go and have a chat with your MP he must have a surgery around you, when people call in at the charity we always phone the MP one phone call from them can help wonders.

micca
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
well my mp hasnt bothered getting back to !I called the benefit agency today and they have now told me that my claim form was sent to the wrong delivery centre!!I should have gone to greenock !now they have to send it to greenock to be proccessed which will prob take forever again !How can they do this to people!especially sick vulnerable people!!I am becoming more and more depressed by the day!!NO FOOD!NO PHONE !!NO MONEY!!This is inhumaine!!!!!

Waddy
07-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Micca, have you tried your local Citizen's Advice Bureau? They will be able to let you know what emergency help is available in your area or for people in your particular circumstances.

micca
07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
OMG!!l CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!I just had a call from the decision makers and they said they still dont have enough information to process the claim!I had a Customer Complience Officer interrogate me for an hr just last week !what the hell is going on!!!!

Account removed
07-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I know your going through a lot, but stick with it, I suspect they are finishing off the investigation.

micca
07-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I have no choice now but to start a part time job on tuesday!Im still sick so l dont know how im goin to do it but im going to lose the house if I dont start bringing in money !!!It been almost nine weeks now with no money and very little of bills getting paid and I dont know how long its goin to take for them to come to a decision now so have to work !How will this work with my claim when I call them next week to tell them that I am starting work ?will I still get the nine weeks back dated as I need to pay of alot of debt?I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW IM GOIN TO COPE WITH THIS JOB!l HAVE STAGE 4 ENDOMETRIOSIS AND SEVERE DEPRESSION/ANXIETY!!

Account removed
07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Can I ask what is your ex doing while your going through all this

micca
07-15-2011, 05:30 PM
My ex-partner is never here and does not care what happens to me or our home!I have a very painful illness(pain all day everyday/no control of bowel/bladder) I have to force myself to do part-time work(they are aware of my disability) as I have no alternative!!!I will probably be off sick all the time but what else can I do !I need to eat and I have been turned down for crisis god knows why!The system has failed me!!!please do not judge me !I am a very ill young woman with no choice !!I need to eat and no-one is helping me !!!

Account removed
07-15-2011, 06:07 PM
.About us

The Community Legal Service (CLS) is a network of LSC funded organisations and advice providers that fund, provide and promote civil legal aid services.

Civil law deals with disputes between individuals or organisations.

People experiencing social problems often need legal advice in areas such as relationship breakdown, debt, housing, domestic violence and benefits.

Help is also available for asylum and immigration, education, employment, mental health and community care issues.

Need legal advice?

For information about how to get free, confidential and independent legal advice visit the Directgov website.

The LSC itself is unable to provide legal advice or information. Case specific queries should be directed to your local office.

More about the CLS

For providers and practitioners
•Forms - forms used by service providers undertaking CLS funded work
•How we are transforming civil legal aid with our reform programme
•Use our eligibility calculator to find out whether your client is eligible for legal aid
•Information and guidance updates to the 2010 Standard Civil Contract
•Find your relationship manager

Corporate information
•How we measure quality and performance through schemes such as peer review
•Our strategy for the CLS and civil policy development
•Our civil areas of work such as family, immigration, social welfare, mental health and other civil areas of law such as community care
•Read the latest Community Legal Service Consultations and responses
•Details on the tendering process for CLS services.
>back to top

I would look at this going down a legal route to see if they can protect your mortage at least for a while mortgage interest protection.

Go have a word with Shelter they have a legal team which will write to the DWP for you.

The reason why your benefits are being held up, I suspect they are still investigating your claim to be living as a seperate couple, it is one of the areas in which the DWP has had problems in the past.

So they do investigate this.

Carneucopia
07-16-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry Micca but your husband is never there - but he gets Carers Allowance for looking after you? So you get DLA - please micca make a claim for Income Support. I know it will take time as well, and you might have to tell them that your ex isn't in fact doing the required 35 hours of caring. Something has to be done to sort this situation out because if you are getting DLA you shouldn't need to be depending on ESA totally anyway.
Or was your ex just caring informally? Sorry I didn't get that impression.

micca
07-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi it was just informally(no care allowance).Should I just cancel the esa claim and claim income support instead ?I just dont understand what else they need to find out !I sat in an interview room with a CCO for an hr while he asked me everything. where we sleep and eat,how we pay bills etc everything !I dont know what else I can tell them .I think they want to come out to the house to actually see the seperate bedrooms .Thanks for getting back to me !

micca
07-17-2011, 06:18 PM
I dont know what to do about money !l am frightened that this claim is goin to drag on for months and I have no money !I am ment to start a job on tuesday out of desperation but I really dont think I can cope with it !I had to leave my last job because my supervisors constantly harrassed me because I was at the toilet all the time.I was off sick all the time also and when I was in work I would pass out with pain .Nothing has changed so I dont know how im going to cope with this job.I need to have money coming in though .I will need to call the esa people tomorrow and tell them im returning to work sick because my claim has still not been processed and it will probably be cancelled with no backdated payment !I dont know what to do!!Im still very sick and depressed and have to return to work .l will probably be sacked within the month.I know I will be too sick to come in at least once a week as I cannot get out of bed on these days !!

micca
08-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Well its now been 14 weeks and still no esa payment !All checks and visits have been done ,all paper work completed but still no decision!I am well and truly living in poverty now !How can they get away with this !I have spoken to citizens advice and they were as much use as a chocolate teapot!my MP still hasnt got back to me after I dont know how many calls !all everyone keeps saying is its an unusual situation and there are other urgent cases !Its not that bloody unusual these days ! my ex is living with me due to a joint mortgage and money problems!im not living with an alien!!!and im sure there are not that many people who have been waiting as long as I have on the urgent list!This is seriously inhumane!!They must have to give me some kind of income until they get their finger out !!!When I call the benefit delivery centre(call centre) on monday again,and I get the 3 hr call back from the benefit processor(this woman hasnt got an bit of compassion!!!couldnt give a monkeys !!!)can I ask to speak to a manager ? would this get me any where because I cant go on like this anymore !!!!!I need to eat !!!

Carneucopia
08-13-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm sorry about this ongoing predicament micca but earlier you said that they might want to visit to check on your living arrangements - has that happened? I can't help thinking that the ex is at the bottom of this problem, and yet he doesn't care and doesn't help you. But you do have to be very careful how you put the situation across to the DWP. Saying things like he is living with you because of the money problems for example - if you gave the DWP that impression then they will understandably think he is supporting you to some extent.
Have you been to CAB yet? have you made your claim for Support for Mortgage Interest Payments?
To answer one of your earlier questions - yes - you could just try claiming Income Support. But it would mean withdrawing your ESA claim and really going against your doctors opinion. Then what would happen at the first Jobseekers interview? It might trigger the home visit (which might not be a bad thing) but they could just say well you're not fit for work so go and claim ESA. Back to square one.
I do think it is very important for you to consider whether it's the ex at the root of all these problems and, if so, what to do about it. Do you really need him around if he is contributing nothing but causing your benefit problems? I'm afraid only you can decide that micca - but again there is help out there from CAB or the CLAC/Social Services if needed.

micca
08-14-2011, 11:38 PM
All visits ,questions and paper work have been completed and I still have no answer.Everytime I get a call back from the benefit delivery centre they tell me that they still havent made a decision !How long does it bloody take !its really not that unusual a case!Alot of people cant afford to live apart from there ex-partners now !I have been to the CAB and they said that I would just have to wait till they came to a decision which doesnt help me as I need money now !When I call back again tomorrow can I ask to speak to a Manager as its been 14 weeks now and the processor Ive been speaking to couldnt care less if I starve !

micca
08-18-2011, 12:53 PM
well just called again and they said that they have made a decision but it doesnt say what it is so I have just to wait for a letter now !doesnt look good !im sure if I was going to get a payment they would have called me to let me know !will probably get a letter in the post saying im not getting a penny !after 16 weeks of hell!!!!

hamburg113
09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi,

Good ideal, pls try to keep posting. I like this topic very much and I will digged this one. Tks again.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Compliance officer interview questions (http://secondinterviewquestions.info/second-interview-questions-for-insurance-compliance-officer)

Best regards.

andypandy
09-27-2011, 08:17 PM
This is a pretty old thread hamburg

Carneucopia
09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
You're right andypandy - it is a very old thread - and it's a shame Micca has left us hanging by it! She should have had her decision 6 weeks ago. It would be good to get some feedback from people.

andypandy
10-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Yes definitely Carneucopia, I agree with you

sambo-79
10-01-2011, 11:13 AM
After all the help and advice Micca was asking for then just leaving us in mid air not knowing what happened with the claim!,Would have been nice to know what the decision was never mind 1 day Micca might let us know.

Jen66
12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
After all the help and advice Micca was asking for then just leaving us in mid air not knowing what happened with the claim!,Would have been nice to know what the decision was never mind 1 day Micca might let us know.

Ironically, I logged on to see how another person with a similar issue had faired when their interview was in mid November. Like you, I'd found they decided not to update us. I believe there are several of these threads on the forum and there is no conclusion to any of them from the original poster. One can only surmise what the intention and outcome was when the only time I've ever seen a response is when the DWP have made a mistake. A bit harsh I know, but one cant help being frustrated when help is offered and people don't post back (until the next time) !

davewhit
12-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Ironically, I logged on to see how another person with a similar issue had faired when their interview was in mid November. Like you, I'd found they decided not to update us. I believe there are several of these threads on the forum and there is no conclusion to any of them from the original poster. One can only surmise what the intention and outcome was when the only time I've ever seen a response is when the DWP have made a mistake. A bit harsh I know, but one cant help being frustrated when help is offered and people don't post back (until the next time) !

there are enough posts like this on all forums to work out some are found not guility of anything and others where they are in big trouble

the ones who dont come back I suspect are guilty of nothing and the panic is over...... ones where there is an issue will bring them back for more advise imo

Stepheninleeds
12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I think they forget. Not because they are rude, but relief often. It would be nice if more came back & said though. It can help others.

Jen66
12-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I think they forget. Not because they are rude, but relief often. It would be nice if more came back & said though. It can help others.

This has always been my mantra. Their experience could be very benefical in helping others.

Lighttouch
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Well as it's late I'm not making any constructive comment. However, it's very interesting to see how many people consider this to be an important thread. And it's my honour to he the 5000 customer.

Thank you and good night.

Jen66
12-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Well as it's late I'm not making any constructive comment. However, it's very interesting to see how many people consider this to be an important thread. And it's my honour to he the 5000 customer.

Thank you and good night.

lol !!

This threads always generate interest. You could be cynical about it. But I think in the current climate and the jealous neighbour. We will see a lot more of these threads on all the welfare support forums.

But the outcomes of these situations would really help put some peoples concerns at rest. Plus I feel its only fair to give something back when you're offered support and advice.