PDA

View Full Version : DATING - Polish woman falls for Lighttouch - how does he do it?

Lighttouch
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Yes folks believe it or not disabled people do have a sex life!

Against all odds I attracted an absolutely gorgeous woman to meet, date and share a delightful intimate holiday in Cyprus.
And we weren't just good friends - we were lovers too.
See photos in my album for a limited period (members only).

But we recently split up amicable - so where did it all go wrong. Not because she's able-bodied and I'm physically disabled but many minor things like we lived 70 miles apart, her place was inaccessible to me, her work commitments, family and friends lived local to her. She had to always visit me - a two hour commute - you can't just pop around for a coffee and chat.

How could I attract such a gorgeous woman in the first place you may ask. Well it's because I never knew what she looked like. When she got in touch I tried to shrug her off as she was too fit for me and had no dealings with disability. We emailed each other then she suggested chatting and before you knew it we met half way for lunch.

You know when you meet someone for the first time and just hit it off well that's how it was. After just a four hour meeting we arranged again to meet at my place (which is accessible to me). Because of the distance she came and stopped for the weekend. Two weeks later we started planning to go away on holiday together - we went 'dutch' too.

Certain things just naturally happen despite barriers. It amazes me how partners adapt to new 'challenges' but where there's a will . ..

I just want people to know - don't wait for things to happen - you need to make them happen. If it works out - great! If not well just try again. You and I have the same feelings and emotions as any other able bodied person and you'll have something to offer.

Am I unique in that I am actively seeking a loving friendship. All replies answered.

Light
:o:o

Stepheninleeds
10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
It gives us hope. The Internet is a great place to meet people, but can also create that distance barrier.

foxes
10-26-2011, 08:41 PM
I am currently engaged to my boyfriend that was originally from Slovenia. Although it was not on a dating site. I actually met him and he bought me a drink. We have been together for over a yaer =)

He has a disability too and he came to live in the UK for a better quality of life =)

Stepheninleeds
10-26-2011, 08:48 PM
A better like in the UK? Is that still true anymore?

foxes
10-26-2011, 08:58 PM
A better like in the UK? Is that still true anymore?Well it's not as good as it used to be now. Especially with these crazy cuts going on. Also there are no jobs around in UK =(

Both of us are planning a life in Luxembourg to find work. We can't apply for disability benefits in Luxembourg so we have to work there for at least over a year to be able to have access to benefits. But by then I might not want to as I could be happy with the job.

Oh well at least the national minimum wage is a lot higher than UK.

Lighttouch
10-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks for sharing Foxes. The more I see of these social networking sites and dating agences the more removed people become from reality. In my opinion the only true way of meeting people is in person. The internet can help people who are like minded get in touch but that doesn't mean to say you'll 'gel' when you eventually meet up.

I was passing time talking to an amputee today who attends our local 'any ability' cycling club. He was 45 and has never worked, had a serious relationship or moved ot of his parent's home as he likes his mum's cooking!

I'm beginning to feel like the only one who has some get up and go! So what are the barriers facing you from getting to know someone more than just a friend. Come on feel free to open up as we're all friends in here.

:o

andypandy
10-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your split LT, but I know you had a great time while it lasted. Move onto the next eh ?

Stepheninleeds
10-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Glad you knew I mean the words life Foxes. I hope you find what you want there in Luxemburg.