Thread: ATOS PIP audio recording

ATOS PIP audio recording

Hi,

Have my home assesment next week and surprise suprise ATOS will not allow me to record nor will they provide any equipment so I intend to buy one of these and record it secretly anyway (for my own protection).

Philips Voice Tracer 1100 4GB Digital Voice Recorder

Does anyone out here own one of these? Does it make a silly beep or beeping noise although I intend to start the recording once the doorbell rings so be extra safe.

I refuse to have my report fabricated in anyway!

Any advice is appreciated
    Last edited by rome7alexander; 02-27-2015 at 10:49 AM.

I strongly advise you not to do this. If they realise you are recording covertly the assessment will be stopped. The recording will be inadmissable as evidence anyway because of the fact that it is covert.

For a recording to have validity all parties need to be aware that it is happening and be given copies at the time so that no tampering can occur. Recorders that record two copies at the same time should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    I strongly advise you not to do this. If they realise you are recording covertly the assessment will be stopped. The recording will be inadmissable as evidence anyway because of the fact that it is covert.

For a recording to have validity all parties need to be aware that it is happening and be given copies at the time so that no tampering can occur. Recorders that record two copies at the same time should be used.
    Where does that leave me if the report is a complete fabrication? We all know how LOVELY Atos can be

I have seen cases where by the applicant is in a wheel cheer but the HP was absolutely certain they could walk 200m unaided without any pain or discomfort. This is one of the nicer examples - I'm sure you can see where this is going...0 POINTS!

In addition to the above, It is disgusting these so called HP refuse to tell you their medical background.

We are paying the price. I have seen some loose their homes because of stopped money that should not have been stopped in the first place and SHOCKINGLY bad PIP decisions that were made on the basis of a fabricated medical report.

This the government website which states an assessment can be terminated:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...imants_FAQ.pdf

Though when I searched "covert recording of ATOS Assessment" there were very mixed responses found on the internet.