Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain clinic any advice please?

Pain clinic any advice please?

Hi it's the first time I've posted in this section so pls don't laugh if this is a stupid question? You have all been so helpful for me in the benefits pip part lifesavers x

My physio has now referred me to the pain clinic! They said it will be a whole before I get an appointment can anyone pls advise me what this is? Pls is this to get me to live with the pain I endure? Thanks min

Hi, I've been going to the Pain Clinic for a number of years.

Sit down chat to a doctor and they prescribe something - then go back and see them again, in my case again and again as none of the prescriptions have yet done anything for my pain

Quote Originally Posted by AmyS View Post
    Hi, I've been going to the Pain Clinic for a number of years.

Sit down chat to a doctor and they prescribe something - then go back and see them again, in my case again and again as none of the prescriptions have yet done anything for my pain
    Thanks AmyS I was worrying about if its like physio. I just cannot handle it I do try my best but the pain is that bad now it gets harder rather than easier at physio. More tablets! I rattling as it is now. I don't know how you have coped over the years it makes me so depressed. I really appreciate you taking the time to speak to me xx thanks min x

Good luck with this, some find it incredibly helpful and useful. Same here with the meds - 3 page prescription and every now and again I run through it with my GP, Pain Clinic and other Consultants and we filter it down, then before I know it, things are added again. lol.

Hi
    In my experience with my pm doctor it's a bit hit an miss at first until you find medication that suits you. But there is nothing physical at all. It's purely to get you sufficient pain relief so don't worry because you can and will get it under control. Best of luck
    Minpain.

I live with pain 24/7 - it's like a shadow as it's always with me for the last 38 years!

I was prescribed Morphine 30 years ago but I never opened the tablet bottle.

I'm off all medication due to the side effects. Presently I have very acute pain that blows other stuff away - sciatica. The pain in my buttock and leg means I can't stand upright let alone move.

The pain clinic administered steroid injections in my right lumber muscle region to relax them it did work.

I also had phycology pain relief sessions - they learnt more from me that I from them!

Just go for it = you have nothing to loose!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I live with pain 24/7 - it's like a shadow as it's always with me for the last 38 years!

I was prescribed Morphine 30 years ago but I never opened the tablet bottle.

I'm off all medication due to the side effects. Presently I have very acute pain that blows other stuff away - sciatica. The pain in my buttock and leg means I can't stand upright let alone move.

The pain clinic administered steroid injections in my right lumber muscle region to relax them it did work.

I also had phycology pain relief sessions - they learnt more from me that I from them!

Just go for it = you have nothing to loose!
    Thankyou AmyS Min Pain & Lighttouch you are very kind this has helped me lot. I feel a bit better about it now ill let you know how I get on hugs xx

I find that with a pain clinic, it is a lot of trial and error. You have to try and find something that works for you! Could take a while, but be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    I find that with a pain clinic, it is a lot of trial and error. You have to try and find something that works for you! Could take a while, but be patient.
    Thank you flowerangelx I was referred in February I still haven't heard anything as yet. They did say I would wait a while as they are very busy. Hopefully they will be able to help xx

Quote Originally Posted by Minnirodg View Post
    Thank you flowerangelx I was referred in February I still haven't heard anything as yet. They did say I would wait a while as they are very busy. Hopefully they will be able to help xx
    As long as you do finally get an appointment It can be a long wait...I had to wait 6 months while in completely agony and hardly able to walk!