Thread: Can someone explain what Work Related Activity Group means

Can someone explain what Work Related Activity Group means

I'm at an age when we had sick-leave then incapacity benefit/income support. I keep reading about Work Related Activity Group of ESA, what is it? is it some kind of job-club for the disabled?
    I imagine I'll be called in for whatever they do & apart from understanding ATOS have to make a profit and are ###### useless I haven't got a clue what any of the jargon means.

Yes, it can be, for those they determine can work, & should work. It is like a job club, to get you back to work. There is another group called the Support Group, for those deemed too sick od disabled to work.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    I'm at an age when we had sick-leave then incapacity benefit/income support. I keep reading about Work Related Activity Group of ESA, what is it? is it some kind of job-club for the disabled?
    I imagine I'll be called in for whatever they do & apart from understanding ATOS have to make a profit and are ###### useless I haven't got a clue what any of the jargon means.
    The Job Centre interview you and offer advice and support to assist you to get off ESA and back into work.