Thread: Benefit Increase 2012

Benefit Increase 2012

Looks like if we will get our 5.2% increase after all
    Last edited by Richard; 11-29-2011 at 04:18 PM.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE WIN

Now I be celebrating that at least...
    I am a proud British European!

Yes, & am very confused over this. He has broken his word & promises. Also, we are now even more hated by everyone else. We need this badly, but.....
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    Yes, & am very confused over this. He has broken his word & promises. Also, we are now even more hated by everyone else. We need this badly, but.....
    I think we should not worry about people hating us more. Haters gonna hate I guess. We are as disabled people need to say "whatever" and carry on with our lives =)

BTW, I am glad he has broken his promise. We were lead to believe there would be little or no increase. 5.2% sounds like a lot, but we know it is not, & will only cover the basic inflation increases. We know many things have gone up much more than that.

I do feel sorry for lower paid workers. I was one, if I was working now I would be getting nothing.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    BTW, I am glad he has broken his promise. We were lead to believe there would be little or no increase. 5.2% sounds like a lot, but we know it is not, & will only cover the basic inflation increases. We know many things have gone up much more than that.

I do feel sorry for lower paid workers. I was one, if I was working now I would be getting nothing.
    Well yeah same here bud. If I was working now I would have very little to live on too and would struggle with a lot of stress.

If benefits where not cut I would be happy to have the benefits to be the same inflation rate as work wages. But due to benefit cuts I would be more angry of puting the same inflation rate as workers...

That is the thing that is not mentioned much, that we have faced cuts & will face more. This increase does not make up for that.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen