Thread: interview partners

interview partners

Hello. My partner has to go for interview on the 27th of this month and I am scared that the jobcentre is going to make her go to work. I need her most of the day to keep me safe as I am a schizophrenic. My partner helps me around the house along other things. She does not claim carers allowance because I claim low mobility and care for dla. Will they make her work because I am worried that am going to be home on my own which is very bad for my health? Please help I am worried

Have you tried to get some Medical Evidence stating that you require regular, if not constant, supervision like a letter or report from your GP or Mental Health Team. If not, contact them and ask if they can help, something like this can also be used to ask for a review of your DLA, perhaps with a view to a change over to PIP, as PIP does appear to be a lot better for people suffering Mental Health issues.

Give it a try.

i have just found my letters from gp and mental health centre saying that off my dinoses. i have care plans saying that my partner is my carer she has a card saying thats shes a registerd carer with the nhs so i take it thats shell need to take them then?

i think i forgot to mention that the interview is work focused interview for partners +

Yes: tell her to take all that paperwork, you could also contact your local branch of CAB or MIND and ask if they can help.

With regard to these Work Focused Interviews (WFI's) I do know in my area they are quite reasonable about them though they do like to see you on the first one, but they can be carried out over the phone from then on. Once they see that paperwork I should imagine everything will be OK, so don't worry.

Let us know how it goes.

All the Best.