Thread: holiday ??

holiday ??

I have just had a livley discusion with my friend who is on PIP AND ESA she wants to go see her parents in australia they are paying her fare she wants to go for 32 days inclusive., (2 DAYS TRAVELLING REST HOLIDAY )
    I have tried to tell her she cant leave u.k for more than 28 days who is right ??
    She things im just joking.iv told her im not and she will be found out.she wants to know how DWP would find out without anyone telling them ?? I couldnt answer that ??how would they find out ??? I need to back my proof up !!

how do DWP they find out ??? don't tell me their mind readers as well !!!

There is always someone who is jealous and will report her. On saying that she may be lucky and get away with it.
    Passports are scanned too and we don't know where that information is sent.

My neighbour her brother who is wheelchair bound blah blah blah. His neighbours were concerned for his safety and reported the fact they had not seen him to the local police, the police in turn contacted social workers - who in turn contacted the DWP.

It was purely concern from neighbours that triggered things for him - they stopped his PIP and ESA. What had happened he became ill, went to stay with his mother for a week, as he didn't improve she took him to hospital and he actually had pneumonia so was hospitalised for one week, returned back to his mother's place to recuperate. When he returned home, the locks had been changed on the flat (as the police had broken in) and a notice on the front door (do not enter) get in touch with the council.

For him it was purely a mistake of misunderstanding his absence brought on by 'caring' neighbours.

One piece of legislation: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...ation/157/made

Another: https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-ab...ility-benefits

She looks to be OK from an ESA point of view but perhaps she could tell Jobcentreplus she's going away for 5 weeks to get some vitamin D - sunshine. But don't tell them it's Australia as it's their winter at the moment.

The worse they could do is clamp her in irons and throw her in the brig before sending her back to Australia. Is she looking for a guide by any chance. lol

According to the DWP you must inform them if you go aboard for more than 4 weeks if you are claiming PIP. Payments may change if your stay is over 13 weeks, longer if you are receiving treatment.

I'm not sure about ESA but think its the same in regards the 4 weeks rule.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

To make life easier for her, couldn't she just cut 4 days off the trip then bringing her within 28 days.

Assuming she is in support group, i personally see no harm in her visiting family for a few days more than the 28. Its not like she is under any obligation for work related activity etc. DWP probably have to come up with a maximum length to prevent people living abroad whilst claiming. They may have some discretion in cases like this.

carl30, brick wall comes to mind !, I did suggest cutting holiday short by 4 days she said it would cost her £200 to change her ticket !! shes on ESA and BOTH PIP CARE N MOBILITY,

I told her tochange her dates but hey ho someones stubborn ,,,how do the DWP find out ???

hiya carl30 brick wall comes to mind !! I told her to change the date its only 4 days different but she has told me she has tried this and it will cost £250 to change the date!! I think id rather lose the £250 !!
    she says she will be ok to travel for the 32 days shes on pip for care n mobility and also ESA,

how would DWP find out if she went ???
    id settle for 2 weeks in the sun x

hiya carl30 brick wall comes to mind !! I told her to change the date its only 4 days different but she has told me she has tried this and it will cost ?250 to change the date!! I think id rather lose the ?250 !!
    she says she will be ok to travel for the 32 days shes on pip for care n mobility and also ESA,

how would DWP find out if she went ???
    id settle for 2 weeks in the sun x

Some people do take the piss and this is why a lot of people are getting kicked off or not getting it in the first place. Good luck with the holiday