Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Windows 10 is here (nearly) and its FREE

I built myself 3 ITX machines, one Intel, 2 x AMD, all running Win7 Pro 64 bit, Boot times are 28 seconds, 33 seconds and 34 seconds.........
    Microsoft support for W7 Pro until 2020, so plenty of life in it yet.
    Have no need for pawing at my screen, and Win 7 does everything I want. I had W10 right from developers build, just did not find it intuitive so gave away the machine with it installed.
    Win7 is the best desktop OS Microsoft made, Win 10 is a hybrid trying to be all things to be inclusive for tablets, phones etc and I find this hinders rather than helps.

This is the normal way to close a window, but in this case it will close the window but will still leave a scheduled time for Windows10 to install itself.

Quote Originally Posted by achat View Post
    This is the normal way to close a window, but in this case it will close the window but will still leave a scheduled time for Windows10 to install itself.
    If your talking about the misleading upgrade dialogues, all of that stopped months ago when the free upgrade path closed to the public.

Windows 7 or 8.1 no longer give free upgrades to Win 10 automatically.
    You have to buy Win 10 and install it yourself, or buy a new machine with Win 10 already on.

(Or you can still use the free 'Assistive Technologies Upgrade', you don't need to use assistive technologies to install it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acce...ndows10upgrade).
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-27-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.