Thread: Partners PIP application

Partners PIP Decision

My partner have recieved her PIP decision today, she has recieved the Mobility standard rate as she can't plan or follow routes without help due to her poor eyesight.

They have however refused her the Living componant due to only recieving 4 points. They have scored 0 on Communicating verbally, now in the meeting with the asessor she was struggling to understand some of the things asked to her and how to explain them. It was only because I was in there with her that she understood eventually after explaining. She also struggles to engage face to face with people but was given a 0 for that as well.
    I think it was because I was in the room with her that these decisions have been made because she is more confident with me but still very nervous of new people. If she is on her own she is a bag of nerves and as I mentioned would not have been able to understand or communicate properly. She has had DLA since she was young (now 31)

What I need to know is what sort of things need to be in a consideration letter.
    Last edited by CreerBFC; 06-11-2015 at 01:22 PM.

You should have a good read of the sticky thread at the front of the forum, here's a link:

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...e-reflections/

Have a look at this should help with the letter.

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/ho...eal-submission
    Last edited by Jard; 06-11-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Adding link

Hi CreerBFC

From the date of your letter - probably says 30 days from date etc for reconsideration.

Having been through this - you will be warned - reconsideration means they look at the entire application form in it's entirety - and also warn you/her that she could lose all the award, some of it, none of it and things may change to another award level.

Me: Was on DLA - Low Rate Care and High Mobility Rate - due to expire October 2014.

Had a face2face home assessment for PIP2 on the day my DLA was due to expire - October 2014.

Received a letter some six weeks later told - PIP Standard Care and Standard Mobility - I asked for reconsideration over the telephone. Didn't hear anything until January 2015 when they rang me and asked again 'are you sure'? You may lose your PIP award - some of it or all of it. I confirmed I wanted a full reassessment as I was unhappy with the Mobility part - they stated 'again' they look at the entire application and not one part and I could lose the entire award of Standard Care and Standard Mobility. Again I said yes I want it looked at/reconsidered. Asked a few questions about the answers to some questions eg your front door to the gate is over 25 metres. I totally disputed this and told them please come out and measure it as it is under 9 metres.

Ten days after that phone call - received a brown envelope - "you asked for reconsideration" blah blah - to the crunch point. My PIP standard care remained the same and they removed Standard Mobility and changed it to Enhanced Mobility.

I have no experience of writing a letter for a 'consideration letter' so can't help you there. Though they will have warned you/her that the entire application will be looked at and she may lose the award?

Hopefully someone will come along and provide more suitable advice.