Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Motability Q1 2012 Prices Available

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    No drivers over 5 miles away, then that changed
    When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Glover1862 View Post
    When did that happen?
    They now say that they will look at each request for drivers over 5 miles away on its merits.
    http://www.motabilitycarscheme.co.uk...&ObjectId=2840

"To help combat misuse of our cars, and to make sure that all Motability cars are used for the benefit of the disabled person, from 1 January 2012, all nominated drivers added to a Motability lease should live with, or within five miles of the disabled customer. We will however, consider requests to include drivers outside of this range where this is essential to support the customer’s needs. In these cases, we will require additional information to be provided "

So, After a loooooong time looking and assessing (and to be absolutley honest, changing my mind!) I "think" I am donw to two models
    1) Nissan Quashqai+2 Ntec+ Petrol 4WD Auto
    2) Ford S-Max Titanium Deisel Auto.

Over three years, the nissan costs about 500 more, but that is assuming 12,000 miles per annum being hit
    The AP of the Nissan 1,799, S-Max 2,845.

I do like them both for differing reasons, so I am down to teh question: Is the S-Max worth the extra 1,000 out of my own pocket?

So, After a loooooong time looking and assessing (and to be absolutley honest, changing my mind!) I "think" I am donw to two models
    1) Nissan Quashqai+2 Ntec+ Petrol 4WD Auto
    2) Ford S-Max Titanium Deisel Auto.

Over three years, the nissan costs about 500 more, but that is assuming 12,000 miles per annum being hit
    The AP of the Nissan 1,799, S-Max 2,845.

I do like them both for differing reasons, so I am down to teh question: Is the S-Max worth the extra 1,000 out of my own pocket?
    What does the S max do for you that the Nissan does not? Is it better to drive has a nicer finish or has some features the Nissan does not. It's difficult to put a price on some of these things. On the other hand you say that over 3 years the Nissan costs 500 more which I assume is fuel. This has to come out of your pocket too, albeit it a few pounds extra here and there. But its real money and adds up.
    I looked at, and drove a Jetta (7741 inc AP, extras and fuel) two B Class's (6514 ) and 1 series (6822). Although the B class is better value, comes with park assist and collision protection and fatigue warning and is a more practical car, the 1 series was far better to drive and is much quicker (don't particularly want a fast car but need a bit of power in reserve) and in my opinion a better looking car than the Merc. The acid test for me is the 1 series is a car I would look forward to driving day after day whereas with the Merc would not and despite its 136ps engine did not feel particularly quick. Looking forward and with a view to purchasing after 3 years the 1 series is cheaper to service and the tyres are much cheaper too. So I think even if the 1 series was a grand dearer than the B class I would still go for it. Additionally when reading car reviews from different sources I think I am more likely to achieve the fuel consumption figres in the BMW than the Merc and on the test drives in the B class achieved 38 and 40 mpg (claimed combined 64.2) which is similar to what I get in my Golf Petrol. The BMW was showing 58mpg (claimed 62.8). Not scientific, just a hunch and you can turn the power down in the BMW (eco pro mode) which should result in higher mpg too. Given that the AP is 1999 for the 116d SE (116PS & 62.8mpg) 118d SE (143PS & 62.8mpg) and 120d SE (184PS & 64.2mpg) it made model selection easy. Only problem with BMW is you get an option list as long as your arm. As we are looking to keep the car will be spending on a couple of bits that ordinarly I would do without.
    Good luck with your decision making.
    Last edited by paul1234; 03-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    As we are looking to keep the car will be spending on a couple of bits that ordinarly I would do without..
    Hi Paul, you've certainly done your homework. What's interesting about the new BMW Series 1 is how wellit keeps it's price. The depreciation is very low so it would be interesting to know what Motability thought it would be worth after 3 years. Most cars depreciate at about 25% a year. What do you reckon for the BMW - especially as you want to buy it at the end of the lease.

The only thing you forgot to factor in is that people will not let you out at junctions in a BMW :-0

The two cars have pros and cons
    For the Nissan the pros are:
    4WD option when required
    Nav system
    Reversing camera
    smooth CVT transmission
    Moon roof

The cons:
    Slow
    No DAB radio option
    Smaller interior
    higher step into boot
    No Daytime running lights
    no heated windscreen and washer jets

S-Max Pros:
    Fantastic to drive
    Quick
    Proper gearbox
    Daytime Running lights
    DAB radio
    Big boot
    air con ducts in rear
    Low sill to boot
    Heated windscreen & washer jets

Cons:
    Nav pack and reversing camera an extra 1,300
    Ford dealers
    Moon roof an extra 700
    auto folding door mirrors an extra 200

The 500 extra over three years is only if I do the fiull 12,000 miles a year, any less and that difference changes.
    Its really down to whether I pay an extra 1,000 up front, or 1,500 over three years (IF I have the PIP for that long of course.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Hi Paul, you've certainly done your homework. What's interesting about the new BMW Series 1 is how wellit keeps it's price. The depreciation is very low so it would be interesting to know what Motability thought it would be worth after 3 years. Most cars depreciate at about 25% a year. What do you reckon for the BMW - especially as you want to buy it at the end of the lease.
    Motability charge more I gather than other leasers to buy the car after three years. perhaps you would be better off buying one at an ex motability auction?
    Britsih car autions seem to have the contract for them

(then again, if you insist on buying a scummy BMW car, you should pay over the odds for it to serve you right ) LOL :-)

Motability charge more I gather than other leasers to buy the car after three years. perhaps you would be better off buying one at an ex motability auction?
    Britsih car autions seem to have the contract for them

(then again, if you insist on buying a scummy BMW car, you should pay over the odds for it to serve you right ) LOL :-)
    I am going to get a quote for our Golf and compare that with CAP/Glass's. that should give me an idea. The 1 series is predicted to be worth 43-47% after 3 years and motability always quote on the standard spec.

Actually as Motability is a not-for-profit organisation they won't sting you when they come to sell . The only fleet cars they can't sell are Fords as Ford own them after the lease so they'll fleece you.

Have a look at BCA web site and see what thy are going for