Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Motability Q1 2012 Prices Available

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    They need to say what is exactly going to happen if you lose HRMC and go to standard PIP. They need to confirm if the car goes back or if they will still honour the lease with us paying out the difference until the lease runs out. This way, at least it will give some time to get another car organised.

Good luck with your new car. What colour have you gone for?
    Silver. Originally was going for metallic white but on the M Sport you only get 5 colours, Black, Grey or Silver and a bright Orange or Estoril Blue.A toss up between black and silver. The lighter colour looks better on the configurtor.
    Its in interesting point about standard PIP. If you lose DLA or PIP then you cannot keep the car as Motability is a charity and it would contravene the rules. However if someone is transferred from High rate DLA to standard PIP perhaps it might work something like this.
    An additional AP would have to be paid to cover the difference between Enhanced and Standard PIP for the remainder of the lease. After that you would have the option to buy or return the car at the end of 3 years, no extensions. The only complication is where someone is awarded standard PIP and appeals. They, as I understand it would continue to receive higher rate DLA until an appeal decides their fate as would Motability, but Motability are clear that once you lose your allowance then after 4 weeks the car goes back. Of course the appeal may remove PIP totally and could take a year or longer which could compromise. A complicated state of affairs which needs clarification as soon as possible.

Back to square one.

Just had the money chat with the wife, looks like we need to find 700 to cover her upcoming car's MoT and Insurance.

This leaves me with a budget of 1600 max to find my ideal car. I could go for the 5 seat CMax Titanium, but i've had my heart (and head) set on the Grand and it's just going to rub it in every time I drive the "lesser" car.

Congratulations on ordering your BMW Paul, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it.
    Can I ask if you had to make the full AP payment today or can you pay it when you pick up your car?
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 28,900 miles; avg 37.9mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

BMW take a grand deposit, balance on collection. I have to say its cost a bit more than I originally intended but it has everything on my original "wish" list. My wife has asked what am I going to now as I have spent hours researching, configuring etc.
    I wish you well with your decision. If its any help, both 3 & 6 years ago I compromised and regretted it but this time around (perhaps the last with PIP looming) I set a clear goal and was not prepared to compromise.
    Last edited by paul1234; 04-02-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    I hope you enjoy the car. The AP is not changing on the car I am after and there are some new variants so I will decide over the wekend and go and order next week.
    There is a misleading article on another website which implied that as DLA is going up 2.70 a week and thus 418 over the course of a lease that AP's should fall by 400. Its utter rubbish of course as details of this rise has been known for some time and already factored in as are future rises (which are estimated).
    Thanks, hope you enjoy yours too. When is your expected delivery date?
    I seem to have a lot of free time now as I don't have to research any cars any more

Thanks to everyone for there help and input!!

Who can obtain a Motability car on PIP

It's my understanding that those people awarded the enhanced mobility component of PIP will automatically qualify for Motability schemes. The standard rate won't give you access to the scheme.

If after a medical you're downgraded from the top mobility rate of DLA to standard PIP mobility then what?

- Does Motability automatically drop the lease hire payment amount that will trigger the lease hire company to ask you to return the car?

- can you make up the difference with your own finance and carry on the lease for the full three year period?

- if you put in an appeal against having your top DLA mobility allowance dropped to standard PIP mobility - will they carry on paying you the 'full amount of DLA mobility' to cover the lease hire charge until the appeal is resolved one way or the other? Or will you be automatically switched to PIP even before an appeal has been heard but on what rate?

It's all very bemusing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Djay View Post
    Thanks, hope you enjoy yours too. When is your expected delivery date?
    I seem to have a lot of free time now as I don't have to research any cars any more

Thanks to everyone for there help and input!!
    About 12 weeks delivery. What car and model did you go for in the end? I am feeling a little lost too! Have to take up a hobby!
    Last edited by paul1234; 04-03-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Those are questions that Joe Public cannot answer. We can only speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    It's my understanding that those people awarded the enhanced mobility component of PIP will automatically qualify for Motability schemes. The standard rate won't give you access to the scheme.

If after a medical you're downgraded from the top mobility rate of DLA to standard PIP mobility then what?

- Does Motability automatically drop the lease hire payment amount that will trigger the lease hire company to ask you to return the car?

- can you make up the difference with your own finance and carry on the lease for the full three year period?

- if you put in an appeal against having your top DLA mobility allowance dropped to standard PIP mobility - will they carry on paying you the 'full amount of DLA mobility' to cover the lease hire charge until the appeal is resolved one way or the other? Or will you be automatically switched to PIP even before an appeal has been heard but on what rate?

It's all very bemusing!!
    Simple answer is nobody really knows yet. I you look at post 331 it gives a possible scenario. Motability need to clarify asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post

- if you put in an appeal against having your top DLA mobility allowance dropped to standard PIP mobility - will they carry on paying you
    the 'full amount of DLA mobility' to cover the lease hire charge until the appeal is resolved one way or the other? Or will you be automatically switched to PIP even before an appeal has been heard but on what rate?

It's all very bemusing!!
    I hope Motability see common sense and let people make up the difference till the contract ends. This way, it keeps disabled people on the scheme mobile at least till the end of the 3 year lease. After that,who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    I hope Motability see common sense and let people make up the difference till the contract ends. This way, it keeps disabled people on the scheme mobile at least till the end of the 3 year lease. After that,who knows.
    I agree totally. The customer would still be in receipt of a PIP mobility benefit. I think if they agree the difference would have to be made upfront in a lump sum, like an extra AP.