Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Motability Q1 2012 Prices Available

Perhaps either the Grand C-Max with the sliding rear doors, or the super S-Max would suit Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    Paul,
    Did you look at the X1? Its on the 3 series platform and has better spec (SE) than the ES 1 series and is bigger.
    I did look at it. The 1 series is big enough for our needs and whilst better specced, the X1 is much thirstier (1200 over 3 years), misses out on a few bits of kit I would have to pay for and in auto mode is 400 dearer than the 1 series. It is a cracking looking car however and if the test drive in the 1 series does not go well may come into the running. I'm waiting for my MB dealer to let me know when they have a car in stock and I will ask about plans to withdraw the car.

My shortlist has dropped from 49!! to 5.

We just have Chevrolet to look at on Saturday and then I should be able to name my top 3 to take for test drives.
    I have looked at a Chevrolet Orlando and really like it - the wife just needs to take a look for herself.

So, my top 5 are (Totals include Options and AP):

1. VW Touran SE 1.6 Diesel Auto 1929
    2. Ford CMax Titanium 2.0 Diesel Auto (only problem No Heated Seats) 1595
    3. Mini Countryman SD Chilli 2.0 Diesel Auto 1949
    4. Chevrolet Orlando LTZ Executive 2.0 Diesel Auto 1999
    5. Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Executive 2.0 Diesel Auto 1709
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I'd love to have a look at the Grand CMax except Ford haven't updated their own Motability pdf yet, so I can't see what the AP would be on the Titanium Auto, plus it isn't listed on the Motability website anymore. I think it used to be 2495 AP, which is a little too high for us.

The SMax is a bit too big - I don't like how the rear seats are so close to the rear screen, and doesn't have the options I would want.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    My shortlist has dropped from 49!! to 5.

We just have Chevrolet to look at on Saturday and then I should be able to name my top 3 to take for test drives.
    I have looked at a Chevrolet Orlando and really like it - the wife just needs to take a look for herself.

So, my top 5 are (Totals include Options and AP):

1. VW Touran SE 1.6 Diesel Auto 1929
    2. Ford CMax Titanium 2.0 Diesel Auto (only problem No Heated Seats) 1595
    3. Mini Countryman SD Chilli 2.0 Diesel Auto 1949
    4. Chevrolet Orlando LTZ Executive 2.0 Diesel Auto 1999
    5. Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Executive 2.0 Diesel Auto 1709
    One of my cars was a Volvo V60, we saw one today in the high street. Its a fantastic car to look at from the front but too boxy at the back. Don't really want an estate. If Volvo bring in the S60 at the same AP would definately be interested.
    At present its a 1 series or B class (1999ap and 2399 ap). Have looked at the Seat Altea/leon, Ford Focus but when I have done all the calculations for fuel cost they as much or more than the BMW or MB and the BMW offers far better performance too. I will have a look at the Mini you mention and also the AudiA1, if the 5 door is available but I think in both cases the fuel economy will rule them out.
    I did look at the Focus Titanium petrol at 695ap with most of what I need but it will drink an extra 1500 of fuel over 3 years compared to the BMW/MB (assuming no change in fuel prices).
    Good luck with your test drives. I will wait until next month.
    Last edited by paul1234; 01-09-2012 at 09:37 PM.

I had a very nice conversation with Land Rover this morning, great news, Land Rover are putting together their own "Motability" package over the next month very similar to the Motability scheme!
    If you want any information contact Land Rover Motability team on 0845 601 3039 and they will send it out to you once ready.
    I wonder who else will be doing this?

Sat in a 1 series today for about 20 mins and could not get a comfy driving position and have ended up with a backache and my wife had the same problem too. So thats one car off the list. Will now be looking again at the Volvo V60. we had a Saab several years back and swedish car makers are good with seat comfort. BMW seem to like low driving positions so will be interested how new MB B class fares in this respect. Will also consider Jetta and Passat and perhaps another Golf.
    Although dissapointed at least now have plenty of time to look at alternatives

I have always found Fords to have great seats and the most comfy is my current Freelander one

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    Sat in a 1 series today for about 20 mins and could not get a comfy driving position and have ended up with a backache and my wife had the same problem too. So thats one car off the list. Will now be looking again at the Volvo V60. we had a Saab several years back and swedish car makers are good with seat comfort. BMW seem to like low driving positions so will be interested how new MB B class fares in this respect. Will also consider Jetta and Passat and perhaps another Golf.
    Although dissapointed at least now have plenty of time to look at alternatives

Hi Paul, (and other's)

some interesting reading on this thread, how are you working out the comparative mpg for the car's you are interested in?
    Notice one of your consideration's is a Golf if it's any help to you I have a Golf 1.4tsi with the dsg box car has done about 30,000 trouble free mile's up to now, due for changing in April (Motability)

good luck,

T

I use a spreadsheet to calculate the cost of fuel over 36000 miles (that's my milage in 3 years) using the mpg quoted on Motability, which is usually the manufacturer's published combined mpg figure.

If you want a copy of the spreadsheet send me an email and I'll send it you:

pauljtaylor at live.co.uk
    Motability Car History