Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DLA,ATOS visit, worst scenario.

DLA,ATOS visit, worst scenario.

Hello to all,
    In brief I have been in reciept of IB for last 10 years and also get DLA care (middle). I have applied for mobility component of DLA and due an ATOS visit.
    I have read such horror stories about ATOS it's given me the heebie geebies although I am confident in meeting the criteria myself. I am a little confused though, IF I don't meet their criteria for whatever reason for the mobility component it appears that not only would I not recieve that part but that I could lose the care component also and that I may even lose my IB as being classed fit for work and be expected to sign on for JSA.
    I also read that people have had their HB cut as they are then not eligible due to the change in their circumstances.
    Can any one verify what the situation is regarding this scenario.
    Many thanks, great site.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Hello to all,
    In brief I have been in reciept of IB for last 10 years and also get DLA care (middle). I have applied for mobility component of DLA and due an ATOS visit.
    I have read such horror stories about ATOS it's given me the heebie geebies although I am confident in meeting the criteria myself. I am a little confused though, IF I don't meet their criteria for whatever reason for the mobility component it appears that not only would I not recieve that part but that I could lose the care component also and that I may even lose my IB as being classed fit for work and be expected to sign on for JSA.
    I also read that people have had their HB cut as they are then not eligible due to the change in their circumstances.
    Can any one verify what the situation is regarding this scenario.
    Many thanks, great site.
    `many people ask for a review and have no problems getting it I applied for care after 15 years higher mobility I just filled in care part and said no change mobility

the problem people have is if something they put brings into question the award already in payment

last year of 180,000 people asking for a change 3% ended up worse off at the start of last myself and a few others on B&W forum asked for reviews and many went through in 4 weeks no medicals needed that said I had some decent reports up to date

Just remember why you are claiming, detail it all. Do not just say you can bath or shower in 20 minutes, say why it takes that long. Do not say you can walk 25 yards, can you without difficulty or pain, how long does it take you, etc? You need to detail all problems, so that they can use this to make your claim.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Many thanks for your replies, much apprecited.
    I was interested to know if ATOS examiner gives you a bad report as has been described in many posts here and elsewhere, it's my understanding that not only will you not get the mobility component but lose care component also and possibly other benefits as well.
    I phoned the BEL and they said it didn't but that is not what I have read on the internet.
    I am confident that my medical conditions would make me eligible as would my GP but it appears there are no sure thing with the ATOS criteria or have I got that wrong.
    Many thanks

davewhit
    Many thanks for your replies, much apprecited.
    I was interested to know if ATOS examiner gives you a bad report as has been described in many posts here and elsewhere, it's my understanding that not only will you not get the mobility component but lose care component also and possibly other benefits as well.
    I phoned the BEL and they said it didn't but that is not what I have read on the internet.
    I am confident that my medical conditions would make me eligible as would my GP but it appears there are no sure thing with the ATOS criteria or have I got that wrong.
    Many thanks
    atos just carry out the medical the decsion to will you get dla is a dwp DM call based on the help you need not whats wrong with you. I think most people go wrong where they do not give enough detail to ALL the help they need with there problems and do not have enugh medical evidance to back it up

also where in the dwp a to z of medical problems where advice is wrote that a problem does not need much help but in there case it does they have not supported there case with evidance

I forgot to reply to the ATOS part, lol. As Dave says, & I said, but not making it clear, tell them all in great detail, & evidence. Yes, you may lose, you may win. All you can do is your best. Some have reported good experiences with ATOS. The problem is people who have bad experiences tend to shout the loudest.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I think I have made a poor job of explaining my question.
    Yes I have concerns over ATOS examination criteria and DWP DMs, most of which are born out of many posts here. I read from those threads that the answer it appears is, yes, it is possible to lose other benefits and for unjustified and unfair reasons.
    We all want to catch frauds especially in sickness benefits as that is the pits to us sufferers but this is not about cheats this is purely about cutting the budget.
    I have to acknowledge in the present climate that, whilst I am appauled at the injustice to people who are existing in long term suffering, I have to be grateful for whatever money the good tax payers give to ease that suffering in any extent.
    This is a great site for finding understanding and empathy, good advice and support.
    Many thanks

If you feel we have not answered your question then do ask again.

I think we all have to feel grateful, but the point if we should not have to feel obligated.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

My question was,can you lose other benefits IF you get a "bad" report from ATOS regarding one component of your benefits.
    It appears that this is a possibility but I'm not clear to what extent. Due to my personal circumstances the worst case scenario could result in myself and my children being homeless, I always go on worst case scenarios as they seem to happen a lot to me and I have learnt to be prepared rather than living in hope of a fair and just system.
    I am happy with the advice that has been given though.
    Many thanks

davewhit
    My question was,can you lose other benefits IF you get a "bad" report from ATOS regarding one component of your benefits.
    It appears that this is a possibility but I'm not clear to what extent. Due to my personal circumstances the worst case scenario could result in myself and my children being homeless, I always go on worst case scenarios as they seem to happen a lot to me and I have learnt to be prepared rather than living in hope of a fair and just system.
    I am happy with the advice that has been given though.
    Many thanks
    that has happned someone has had a medical for ESA and they have then been sent a review form for DLA because of what was reported on the ESA50 or seen at the medical