Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PIP Test my score with new test

davewhit

PIP Test my score with new test

I have just tried the new PIP test using

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/f60.htm

On DLA I get higher mobility middle care on the new test for PIP I get both enhanced

Looks like I would miss out on PIP. I would only score 4 points maybe. I would need at least 8 points to qualify!

What a joke. There is nothing about on how messy is my writing on paper.
    Nothing on about how easily I get stressed over routine changes.
    Nothing about on my slightly poor listening skills and miss hear things in conversations.
    I can't tie my shoes that well.
    I have to do things one at the time. I can't multitask because it would get me stressed easily.
    I don't like people talking to me when I am typing, Watching TV or writing.
    I get slightly stressed if there is so many people in a shop or on busy public transport.
    I get tired easily after finishing one task.

PIP is stupid!
    I am a proud British European!

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    I have just tried the new PIP test using

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/f60.htm

On DLA I get higher mobility middle care on the new test for PIP I get both enhanced
    Same here. I think I'd get it for 10 years too as it aint going to improve but guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 01-16-2012 at 04:35 PM.

What a farce, it is so precise. It does not take into account difficulties, suffering, pain, limits, etc, when doing any of those things. They define cooking as heating food, yet on the question on that they include preparing. On this I could fail. I should get LRM, if I have read it all right. They cannot do this without room for personal circumstances & needs, & the fact that doing any of these activities can be achieved, but not in a reasonable time or without considerable suffering or risk.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

do you only get 1 point per question?, sorry if thats a daft question but i am not very good on understanding stuff like this!!!.Also what will happen if you only score the highest bit for mobility would you have to give your car back so therefore would you have to qualify for both levels to keep on the mobility scheme? omg this is going to be hell for me only just won tribunal and the thought of having to fight for it again what a nightmare.I cant even work out what i should get on this P.I.P do not understand it all lol help plzzzzz
    Last edited by sambo-79; 01-16-2012 at 06:42 PM.

No, it says, there is a different score for each choice on each question. Where is says score 2, score 4, etc. That is the points you will get for that question based on that option in the question. No, on Mobility they say it will be as for DLA. Remember Sam, this is a new thing, & we will all need help, from people like the CAB. You do not have to do it alone.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

TY Stephen,thank goodness for C.A.B i will certainly be paying them another visit when i next get reviewed for this ty again just checked and i will struggle preparing food/drink,bathing,dressing undressing,moving around but am unsure about planning and following a journey???? so roughly what group if any would i be placed in?.Mobility wise i am quite restricted 20m on a good day bad day no walking (spazams) its much easier for me to walk on my hands and knees i have lost fluid in the bottom of my spine so standing puts a lot of pressure/extreme pain on me the other way is using my 2 arm crutches so this gives you a rough idea of how mobile i am.Once again ty
    Last edited by sambo-79; 01-16-2012 at 06:58 PM.

I think, from what you have said here & in other posts, you would have trouble with journeys. It is hard to say what level of benefit you would get, & I find the new PIP assessment too restrictive on details on our abilities & lack thereof. You have to get 12 points in each (Care or Mobility) to get the higher rates.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I certainly do have very great trouble when it comes to going out.I can only go out once a week (if that)if my back is bad then i can not physically get out as there is a step and the bumps on the journey would most likely cause spazams in my back so the driver has to drive slow and try and miss them dreaded pot holes and drive EXTREMELY slowly over the train lines.I live 20mins drive away from our town so the time ive managed the journey my back is not good so i must mention to C.A.B about that,mind you im sure they will want to know everything about how my disability affects me as they are new to this P.I.P aswell.

Yes, always tell them everything that you think is needed to be known about your conditions & how the affect you. The CAB can say on one sentence what we take a paragraph to say, & they know how to word it well.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen