Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HRMC/PIP. How many of us will actually meet the new criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    Seems everyone will have to do what those of us who cannot drive or are not allowed to, use taxis. I can see Mobility closing as who will they serve?

What happens to all the cars taken back?
    I work 30 miles away, so it is unlikely i would be able to keep my job if my car gets taken away. I dont think the goverment realise the impact this will have on disabled people who have a car on ther scheme. I watched a interview with Ian Duncan Smith on BBC news a few months ago, he was asked about the fact that up to 500,000 people could lose their benefit, all he said was that there would be more new claiments of PIP, he couldnt care less about the ones who will miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    I work 30 miles away, so it is unlikely i would be able to keep my job if my car gets taken away. I dont think the goverment realise the impact this will have on disabled people who have a car on ther scheme. I watched a interview with Ian Duncan Smith on BBC news a few months ago, he was asked about the fact that up to 500,000 people could lose their benefit, all he said was that there would be more new claiments of PIP, he couldnt care less about the ones who will miss out.
    This is the criteria for enhanced rate:-
    e. Cannot move up to 50 metres without using a wheelchair propelled by the claimant. 12 points
    f. Cannot move up to 50 metres without using a wheelchair propelled by another person or a motorised device. 15 points
    g. Cannot either
    (i) move around at all; or
    (ii) transfer unaided from one seated position to another adjacent seated position. 15

If the DWP adopt a strict definition then anyone who can walk at all, even a few steps with huge pain will not qualify. It seems pain, fatigue exhaustion etc are not taken into account, So basically, Motability will just be for wheelchair users.
    Fair enough? Why not (the DWP) come clean and say this is whats happening and that is the plan.
    As regards Motability, I can see the fleet decimated over the next 4 years.

Article on today's BBC news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17087724

Hopefully they will make the assessments fairer.

Article on today's BBC news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17087724

Hopefully they will make the assessments fairer.
    You must be joking, their sole aim is to cut the bill regardless of the damage it does to our lives.

172. We recommend that the Government clarifies, in response to this Report, which rate of PIP mobility component will confer eligibility for the Motability Scheme. It should also clarify whether a three-year lease for a Motability car, signed when the claimant was a recipient of higher rate DLA mobility component, will be terminated if that person is found ineligible for the Motability Scheme under PIP. We believe it is important for the Government to provide certainty on these issues before reassessment of the working-age DLA caseload commences.

From the Work and pensions committee report on PIP. So many labour on there, but just a weak set of reccomendations come out. :-(
    http://www.publications.parliament.u...493/149309.htm

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    172. We recommend that the Government clarifies, in response to this Report, which rate of PIP mobility component will confer eligibility for the Motability Scheme. It should also clarify whether a three-year lease for a Motability car, signed when the claimant was a recipient of higher rate DLA mobility component, will be terminated if that person is found ineligible for the Motability Scheme under PIP. We believe it is important for the Government to provide certainty on these issues before reassessment of the working-age DLA caseload commences.

From the Work and pensions committee report on PIP. So many labour on there, but just a weak set of reccomendations come out. :-(
    http://www.publications.parliament.u...493/149309.htm
    Normally there is a 250 termination fee if you cancel before the contract ends, if this happens, who would pay it?

Normally there is a 250 termination fee if you cancel before the contract ends, if this happens, who would pay it?
    It's not you cancelling the contract, its Motability by removing your access to the scheme. In those circumstances, you would not be eligable for the 250 coct.

And if anyone has to give up their job because they lose their car they will be investigated & told it is not a justifiable reason, & will lose benefits as a result.

The criteria is far too strict. It was even said on the news this morning they are using the Medical Model of Disability. I am a supporter of the Social Model of disability, & so was DLA, it worked because it took into account our needs & abilities. PIP ignores everything the name implies it covers.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

As far as I can see, very few non wheelchair users will qualify for the enhanced rate. If you can walk up to 50m but no more you score 8 points. The overwhelming number of non wheelchair would have to answer yes to this statement. The key words being "UP TO". And the missing key words, fatigue, pain, exhaustion etc...
    If you can walk a few steps, no more car.
    On a seperate issue I believe if someone takes a 3 year lease and loses DLA to standard PIP they should be able to keep the car the full 3 years and pay the difference. If motability require, pay a couple of months in advance so they can repossess without being out of pocket if you miss a payment.
    As it stands if you dont get PIP enhanced, after 4 weeks you lose the car even if you appeal and win. A lot of people must be frankly terrified of what might happen and use their DLA to get a cheap runabout just in case.
    For many Motability will not be worry free motoring but worrying motoring, very worrying motoring.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    As far as I can see, very few non wheelchair users will qualify for the enhanced rate. If you can walk up to 50m but no more you score 8 points. The overwhelming number of non wheelchair would have to answer yes to this statement. The key words being "UP TO". And the missing key words, fatigue, pain, exhaustion etc...
    If you can walk a few steps, no more car.
    On a seperate issue I believe if someone takes a 3 year lease and loses DLA to standard PIP they should be able to keep the car the full 3 years and pay the difference. If motability require, pay a couple of months in advance so they can repossess without being out of pocket if you miss a payment.
    As it stands if you dont get PIP enhanced, after 4 weeks you lose the car even if you appeal and win. A lot of people must be frankly terrified of what might happen and use their DLA to get a cheap runabout just in case.
    For many Motability will not be worry free motoring but worrying motoring, very worrying motoring.
    That will be made more difficult if you require adaptations, I currently do. It would be interesting what Motability's view on this will be, surley they must be concerned at the possibility of losing over 120,000 customers? Something has to be done to still enable people on PIP standard to still qualify for Motobility, otherwise the scheme will die eventually.