Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HRMC/PIP. How many of us will actually meet the new criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    From what I have read about the new criteria (if its true), less than half of DLA claimants will meet the enhanced rate criteria. Read it and see if you think you will meet it.
    I only scored 10 points on the Mobility part test and would only meet lower rate. I didnt qualify for the care component at all. If this happens for real, then I wont qualify for a Motability vehicle. This is a worry, especially as I am renewing my car this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    I only scored 10 points on the Mobility part test and would only meet lower rate. I didnt qualify for the care component at all. If this happens for real, then I wont qualify for a Motability vehicle. This is a worry, especially as I am renewing my car this year.
    Many will be in a similar position. I am going to try and not worry about it until it happens. Its going to be a nightmare for motability with tens of thousands of cars having to be handed back early and may threaten the scheme longer term.
    Its possible the PIP scores will be amended as its almost impossible to score 12 or more.

Many will be in a similar position. I am going to try and not worry about it until it happens. Its going to be a nightmare for motability with tens of thousands of cars having to be handed back early and may threaten the scheme longer term.
    Its possible the PIP scores will be amended as its almost impossible to score 12 or more.
    Thats the whole point of the changes Paul.
    This Condem alliance is looking at the costs of disability payments and not the social effect, so all they see is a cost saving, they dont care about Motability leasing and would be happy to see it go.
    The sad part is that the largest opposittion party, Labour, is very quiet about what they would do if elected, no announcemet to change or remove pIP from them!

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    Thats the whole point of the changes Paul.
    This Condem alliance is looking at the costs of disability payments and not the social effect, so all they see is a cost saving, they dont care about Motability leasing and would be happy to see it go.
    The sad part is that the largest opposittion party, Labour, is very quiet about what they would do if elected, no announcemet to change or remove pIP from them!
    I would vote Labour if they announced that they would remove PIP and go back to the way DLA is at the moment. Cannot see them doing that though. The impact of the change to PIP has a huge effect on Motability, they currently have about 500,000 on the scheme, if the changes happen over 150,000 could lose out . The scheme will have to reflect the changes of PIP or it may not have a long term future.

I would vote Labour if they announced that they would remove PIP and go back to the way DLA is at the moment. Cannot see them doing that though. The impact of the change to PIP has a huge effect on Motability, they currently have about 500,000 on the scheme, if the changes happen over 150,000 could lose out . The scheme will have to reflect the changes of PIP or it may not have a long term future.
    If you look at the criteria to qualify under PIP motability, I would guess only around 20/25% of existing DLA/Motability clamants will qualify and mny will be wheelchair users.

If you look at the criteria to qualify under PIP motability, I would guess only around 20/25% of existing DLA/Motability clamants will qualify and mny will be wheelchair users.
    If that happens then Motability may not survive. Unless there is a change where the lower rate is accepted. Not sure what the answer is. Just ordered my car today as well, a 1.6 TDI Golf DSG. I fear it may be my last car on the scheme.

If that happens then Motability may not survive. Unless there is a change where the lower rate is accepted. Not sure what the answer is. Just ordered my car today as well, a 1.6 TDI Golf DSG. I fear it may be my last car on the scheme.
    Hope you enjoy the car, we have had almost 3 years of motoring pleasure from a Golf. Did you go for the bluemotion Match? Supposed to do 67.3mpg combined. Hopefully it will not be your last car. Perhaps standard rate will be accepted? Depends how much it is. If its 20 a week, not much use but 40 could be.

Hope you enjoy the car, we have had almost 3 years of motoring pleasure from a Golf. Did you go for the bluemotion Match? Supposed to do 67.3mpg combined. Hopefully it will not be your last car. Perhaps standard rate will be accepted? Depends how much it is. If its 20 a week, not much use but 40 could be.
    It is the 1.6 tdi match but not the bluemotion. I had a Golf before my Polo and loved it. Maybe Motability will accept standard rate but might expect the difference to be made up. Will have to wait and see. I might not get reassessed till late 2013 or 2014, who knows.

Well my five year lease hire motability car runs out in November this year.

The replacement I'd go for is the new Renault Scenic auto (as it meets my access needs perfectly), with a current deposit of about 2600. However if I were to be reassessed in January 2014 (at the earliest), they may give me the lower rate mobility and withdraw the vehicle after 14 months!

I'm expecting that the resale value of my Motability vehicle will be about 3,500 by November so it makes more sense to me to purchase the vehicle in November and keep it until I know the lay of the land otherwise I'll be seriously out of pocket.

Seems everyone will have to do what those of us who cannot drive or are not allowed to, use taxis. I can see Mobility closing as who will they serve?

What happens to all the cars taken back?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen