Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HRMC/PIP. How many of us will actually meet the new criteria?

I wonder how I would stand for enhanced rate? I use a triwalker but still walk like a drunkard and even fall regularly whilst using it. I can walk 50 metres but extremely slowly with numerous rests because the effort it takes to walk gives me angina.
    I am not allowed to drive anymore so a car doesn't come into it. I use my mobility allowance for taxis so that I can have a life.

I suspect that I also would not be awarded the enhanced rate.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I wonder how I would stand for enhanced rate? I use a triwalker but still walk like a drunkard and even fall regularly whilst using it. I can walk 50 metres but extremely slowly with numerous rests because the effort it takes to walk gives me angina.
    I am not allowed to drive anymore so a car doesn't come into it. I use my mobility allowance for taxis so that I can have a life.

I suspect that I also would not be awarded the enhanced rate.
    Unfortuntely you may be right. It looks like only wheelchair bound people will get the enhanced rate. People who can walk slightly or for a certain length of time probably wont qualify for enhanced rate, only standard. I am in that catergory.

It seems as though they are not looking at all scenarios. The criteria seems rigid with not enough consideration to those who cannot tick the right boxes but still have severe problems. No disability is the same and we do not all fit into their boxes.