Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Tax - a cock-up online

Vehicle Tax - a cock-up online

It's that time of year and I'm overdue getting my free road tax.

Got my V11D form and MOT. Tried renewing it online and now I need a letter of entitlement letter which will supply a special code. The letter will take up to 10 working days to arrive - I don't believe how long it takes to do stuff onine - I might just visit the good old Post Office to get it done there and then!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post

Got my V11D form and MOT. Tried renewing it online and now I need a letter of entitlement letter which will supply a special code. The letter will take up to 10 working days to arrive - I don't believe how long it takes to do stuff onine - I might just visit the good old Post Office to get it done there and then!
    Technology benefits not always clear cut, lines becoming blurred on occasions. Online applications often too stringent and kacking any degree of flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Technology benefits not always clear cut, lines becoming blurred on occasions. Online applications often too stringent and kacking any degree of flexibility.
    This is spot on. A valid point well made. Perhaps the authorities will take note.

Never had a problem taxing ours online. The certificate number is yours for as long as you are eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Never had a problem taxing ours online. The certificate number is yours for as long as you are eligible.
    Complexities of advanced computer programmes making user interface unduly cumbersome. Causes stress and anxiety and upset too.

Hi

Ive just done mine this minute very easy just need vehicle reg and the serial number off the entitlement to road tax certificate and your DOB piece of cake and a lot easier than queues at the post office on pensions day with the old dears lol

And if you havent got the entitlment certificate just ring up DLA Blackpool easy really

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Hi

Ive just done mine this minute very easy just need vehicle reg and the serial number off the entitlement to road tax certificate and your DOB piece of cake and a lot easier than queues at the post office on pensions day with the old dears lol

And if you havent got the entitlment certificate just ring up DLA Blackpool easy really
    Blackpool, very busy town, many amusement arcades and long sandy beach too, illuminations gone now for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    if you havent got the entitlment certificate just ring up DLA Blackpool easy really
    Thans Shorty - useful info. I gave them a buzz and they are mailing out a letter of entitlement today second class - a result!

Thans Shorty - useful info. I gave them a buzz and they are mailing out a letter of entitlement today second class - a result!
    A very acceptable ending yo a very convoluted, stressful and long drawn out process, a strong coffee. needed perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    A very acceptable ending yo a very convoluted, stressful and long drawn out process, a strong coffee. needed perhaps.
    I find it very easy less than 5 mins and the job done I dont know how or where you went wrong lol