Thread: 2nd hand automatic car.

2nd hand automatic car.

I get standard mobility component and I am nearly ready to take my driving test in a automatic car. I would like to know which kind of automatic cars are ideal. I have little experience and have only been in 1 type of car which is a Vauxhall Astra. Could use some help. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by GenuinePsychopath View Post
    I get standard mobility component and I am nearly ready to take my driving test in a automatic car. I would like to know which kind of automatic cars are ideal. I have little experience and have only been in 1 type of car which is a Vauxhall Astra. Could use some help. Cheers.
    Many cars now have dual clutch semi auto, Ford powershift and VAG Dsg. These better thanstandars automatic. Test drive best way.

My first automatic driving experience was with a skoda fabia DSG 1.2 it was fantastic I would highly recommend it or any similar DSG cars

Since you will have passed your driving test in an automatic car you will only be entitled to drive automatics only.

DSG are basically semi automatic, a manual gearbox which changes the gears for you. As stated above it will have a clutch. What you need to check is what is this car classed as on the log book. Automatic? If yes then you can drive it.

Sorry? So the DSG in my golf has a clutch pedal? It's a full automatic a semi automatic is a vehicle able to change into a manual where it has a clutch pedal, I've never came across a clutch in any of my DSG automatic cars I've owned

Wazza, a person with a full automatic license, can drive a semi automatic as there is no clutch pedal. It's still classed as an automatic.

The DSG has two clutches electronically inside the car, it's not a visible clutch. Driving it is no different to a torque converter auto.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    Wazza, a person with a full automatic license, can drive a semi automatic as there is no clutch pedal. It's still classed as an automatic.

The DSG has two clutches electronically inside the car, it's not a visible clutch. Driving it is no different to a torque converter auto.
    Clutch is within gearbox itself so not operated manually.