Thread: Claiming PIP/ DLA

Claiming PIP/ DLA

Dear You're Able community

I would like to be able to claim PIP again as I previously was in receipt of DLA until the pesky Tory government decided to cut it in 2012.

I have aspergers syndrome but I manage to hold down employment so I'm not sure I would count as being able to receive it; is there anyone on here that has been in a similar situation and that can help me?

It is very much appreciated

Jennifer

PIP can be claimed if you are working or not. It is not an income related benefit.

When you say your DLA was cut in 2012 - do you mean that it was stopped, or do you mean that it was reduced?

Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    PIP can be claimed if you are working or not. It is not an income related benefit.

When you say your DLA was cut in 2012 - do you mean that it was stopped, or do you mean that it was reduced?
    I meant that it was stopped

There are really big differences between claiming DLA & PIP, there are people I know who would never have succeeded with a DLA claim but have with a PIP claim.
    If you know of any support group/network for your particular condition (Aspergers) you should contact them asking for their help in making a claim.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    There are really big differences between claiming DLA & PIP, there are people I know who would never have succeeded with a DLA claim but have with a PIP claim.
    If you know of any support group/network for your particular condition (Aspergers) you should contact them asking for their help in making a claim.

Good Luck
    Thank you Jard

Funnily enough I did just that; they referred me onto here to a member known as Flymo

Go figure

Thank you for the encouragement anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Garnettoi94 View Post
    Funnily enough I did just that; they referred me onto here to a member known as Flymo

Go figure
    They are probably refering you to what we call the 'PIP Sticky'

Flymo - a well respected contributor, unfortunately no longer posts here.

One of the many threads he started, and others contributed to, is still relevent and contains good advice and experience on all aspects of claiming PIP.
    (From starting a claim, right through to appeal, and beyond if needed).

We refer to it as the 'PIP sticky' (because it is 'stuck' at the front of the forum so it can be easily found).

It can be found at this link, and is essential reading for anyone claiming PIP.
    PIP Sticky Thread
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    They are probably refering you to what we call the 'PIP Sticky'

Flymo - a well respected contributor, unfortunately no longer posts here.

One of the many threads he started, and others contributed to, is still relevent and contains good advice and experience on all aspects of claiming PIP.
    (From starting a claim, right through to appeal, and beyond if needed).

We refer to it as the 'PIP sticky' (because it is 'stuck' at the front of the forum so it can be easily found).

It can be found at this link, and is essential reading for anyone claiming PIP.
    PIP Sticky Thread
    Thank you, nukecad, I'll be sure to check it out