Thread: ESA Again (Sorry)

ESA Again (Sorry)

When you are migrated from IB, say you are put in the WRAG, what determines whether you are on Income Based or Contributions related?

Many Thanks

Entitlement conditions
    There are two types of Employment and Support Allowance:

•contribution-based
    •income-related
    Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
    You may be entitled to claim contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance if you have paid enough National Insurance contributions.

Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    You may be entitled to claim income-based Employment and Support Allowance if you do not have enough money coming in, or you have not paid enough National Insurance contributions, and you satisfy the entitlement conditions.

This means that you have savings of less than 16,000 and, if you have a partner or civil partner, they work for less than 24 hours a week on average.

The Disability Alliance contributory IB:

2.3 What are the rules for contributory IB?

There are two national insurance contribution tests for contributory incapacity benefit.
    2.3.1 First test

You must have paid enough contributions in one of the last three complete tax years before the year in which you make your claim - known as the benefit year. The benefit year runs from the first Sunday in January to the first Saturday in the following year.

There are some exceptions to this rule for people who have been receiving carer's allowance or working tax credit before claiming IB.
    2.3.2 Second Test

To pass the second test you must have been been paid or credited with a certain number of contributions in the two tax years before the year in which you make your claim.
    2.3.3 What if I don't have enough contributions for contributory IB?

If you are on a low income you may still be able to claim income support. You will still need to be assessed or treated as incapable of work.

DWP Reassessment for ESA:

People who already qualify for Incapacity Benefit and then meet the limited capability for work threshold will be moved automatically on to contributory Employment and Support Allowance without having to meet the contribution conditions afresh.

Which of the two ESA groups are limited to one year?

and who qualifies for the Income based ESA?

If I satisfy the test I will be placed in contributions which I was led to belive last for one year, what happens after that one year?

Thanks

Which of the two ESA groups are limited to one year?

and who qualifies for the Income based ESA?

If I satisfy the test when I am migrated from IB I will be placed in contributions which I was led to belive last for one year, what happens after that one year?

Thanks

SORRY, couldn't edit my post

The proposal is to time limited to one year (as an incentive to find a job!!!|) those placed in the WRAG group of CB ESA. Those placed in the Support Group (of either IB or CB ESA) are not affected by this proposal.

One question that struck me was what happens if during your one year in the WRAG of CB ESA your condition deteriorates so that you think you should be placed in the Support Group???

Quote Originally Posted by js4 View Post
    The proposal is to time limited to one year (as an incentive to find a job!!!|) those placed in the WRAG group of CB ESA. Those placed in the Support Group (of either IB or CB ESA) are not affected by this proposal.

One question that struck me was what happens if during your one year in the WRAG of CB ESA your condition deteriorates so that you think you should be placed in the Support Group???
    What happens after your year expires|

Yes I also wondered what happens if by some miracle got a job, could not cope, or was sacked because I was clearly unable to to cope and, or made so many mistakes...or my seizures increased due to the stress and kept having to take time off... HAS any of this been thought out..

As a guess you would be moved to IB WRAG from CB after a year.