Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listing of ESA standard forms.

Quote Originally Posted by gone View Post
    So, I noticed that you said that the ESA56 form is only given when you have no F2F. I did get/ask for the ESA56 when I asked for the LT54, but I had a F2F, so maybe it's generated for all decisions, not just those with no F2F?
    Thanks for prompting me to look at this again, as a result I found two more links to examples to add to the list above.

It may well be that they have changed how they use the ESA56.

As I understood it in the past the ESA56 was used by the DM when he wanted to put down his thoughts on what the assessment would have scored - if there had been one. (It was also done as a 'double check' by a different DM if/when you ask for a reconsideration)
    If there had been a WCA f2f or paper then there would already be a scoresheet done by the assessor.

It has always been difficult to track down information about this particular form.

But as mentioned I have now found an example, albeit from 2014, which I have added in the list above.
    (I also found in the same place an example LT54 which I hadn't been able to provide before).

It is interesting that the example ESA56 I found contains a column for the "Customer score" - where is this "Customer score" supposed to come from?
    Has anyone ever been asked to score themselves?

PS. I've had a look back at my 'court bundle' from 2011 and that too has an ESA56 in it, and I also had a f2f.
    I do note though that my ESA56 was only done after I requested a reconsideration, one had not been done by the original DM.
    I also note that my ESA56 does not include a "Customer score" column.

I'll see what else I can find about this form and how they are using it, it's been I while since I last searched and some new info may have come to light.
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-07-2017 at 01:38 AM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Thanks for prompting me to look at this again, as a result I found two more links to examples to add to the list above.

It may well be that they have changed how they use the ESA56.

As I understood it in the past the ESA56 was used by the DM when he wanted to put down his thoughts on what the assessment would have scored - if there had been one. (It was also done as a 'double check' by a different DM if/when you ask for a reconsideration)
    If there had been a WCA f2f or paper then there would already be a scoresheet done by the assessor.

It has always been difficult to track down information about this particular form.

But as mentioned I have now found an example, albeit from 2014, which I have added in the list above.
    (I also found in the same place an example LT54 which I hadn't been able to provide before).

It is interesting that the example ESA56 I found contains a column for the "Customer score" - where is this "Customer score" supposed to come from?
    Has anyone ever been asked to score themselves?

PS. I've had a look back at my 'court bundle' from 2011 and that too has an ESA56 in it, and I also had a f2f.
    I do note though that my ESA56 was only done after I requested a reconsideration, one had not been done by the original DM.
    I also note that my ESA56 does not include a "Customer score" column.

I'll see what else I can find about this form and how they are using it, it's been I while since I last searched and some new info may have come to light.

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I mean, on my DM scoresheet there's no "Customer Score" column, but there is the column for the HCP and the DM - it is labelled as LT54/ESA56 07/17 at the bottom though so it is the correct, albeit more recent, version of the form. But I didn't do an MR or go to a tribunal for it, so maybe that's why there's a Customer Score column on the version you've found? Like so they could see discrepancy between how the claimant perceives/explains their difficulties with each task and how the HCP (and by extension the DM) scores them?? I dunno...Sorry if that's worded weirdly, my brain isn't working. Then again maybe they only generated me a copy because my mum asked for it (she wanted to know why I was placed in SG for some reason, guess she just wanted to have all the information they had on me, haha).

If you want I could try and scan/upload (and take my information out) a copy of my form and then you could C&P a link? I am not very well at the minute so not sure when I'd be able to get that to you (I'd need to ask my mum), but if you wanted it I would try to! Side note, it was pretty easy to get for the most part - I was in the room when my mum was asking for the LT54/ESA56, so I'm pretty sure if anyone else is interested in this kinda stuff then they shouldn't have a problem getting it.

EDIT:

I do know a friend of mine (recently) asked for her set of LT54/ESA56's with relative ease and she had a set from both before AND after her MR. And they were set out the same as mine. She was found FFW originally and then placed in SG on Substantial Risk grounds after the MR, didn't go to a Tribunal.
    Last edited by gone; 08-07-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks for the offer but please don't bother scanning a copy.

When I started adding Downloads and examples I decided that it would be better to give links to webpages where the various forms could be found rather than uploading copies onto the yourable server.

Using weblinks like this ensures that the Downloadable/fillable forms are always the latest offical version, (although the Example ones may not be).

..it is labelled as LT54/ESA56 07/17 at the bottom..
    That sounds like thay may have combined the 2 forms into one? (as recently as last month?).
    Or maybe they generated a combined report when you requested one?

(It has often been suspected that they do this, one version for their files and a slightly different version for you or the court to see).

I'll keep looking, but like I say above they are very reluctant to let people have blank examples of some of these report forms.
    (Possibly because they are different from the ones they give to us?).

We could do with a mole who has access to the Decision Makers stationary cupboard (or report templates).
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.