Thread: Has anyone tried Pain Gone pain relief pen?

Has anyone tried Pain Gone pain relief pen?

Hello

Like the title suggests, has anyone tried it?mive just come across it on Amazon and have never heard of it before.

I'm sceptical because it uses crystals for energy. I take quite a lot of pain killers and would love to reduce them if I can find alternatives. What do you think?

Thanks everyone

A pen. Really? I will not scoff at alternative therapys and have used acupuncture in the past. I also think reiki may be helpful. It does depend a lot on the underlying cause ie WHY you are in pain.
    That being said, i resort to cocodamol when I really really need to!

I believe that they are supposed to work somewhat like a T.E.N.S. machine.

The crystals will be piezoelectric crystals, these produce an electrical charge when subjected to a mechanical force.
    (They are often used in cigarette lighters to provide the spark).

If you read the instructions for the 'pen' you have to keep clicking the button; presumably this will give you a minute shock every time you click?

You can buy them in most pharmacies,
    http://www.boots.com/en/Paingone-Pen_19956/
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Ok thanks, I don't think this will replace fentanyl then will it?!

Here's their website https://www.paingone.com/discover-paingone/

This is interesting as it works similar to a Tenns machine as mentioned.

But what's happening and does it work.

I've not got one5 but I can see how it might work. So you click the button 30 times and an electric charge is released. The brain senses a minor form of additional pain so releases the body's over natural pain killer chemical in the form of 'endorphins'. These are very powerful pain killers but only give you short term pain relief.

What's bad about all pain killers is that they are quick fixes to an underlying problem. Ideally you're best trying to cure the underlying problem the5n you won't need pain killers.

I take as few neuropathic pain killers as possible as I don't like side effects. My condition isn't curable so I just have a higher threshold of pain that's there 24/7 so that's normal for me.

Exercise and stretching are good - if there's no pain there's no gain!

Just for a laugh;

When we were teenagers we used to get one of those electronic cigarette lighters and a sewing needle.
    We would 'drill' the needle into the skin of a finger, put the other end into the top of the lighter and click the button.

Your finger would kick-up as it got the electric shock.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

My pain is not curable either unfortunately. I take Pregabalin, naproxen, Nefopam, fentanyl patches, Zapain & Vit D Plus I have an iron infusion every 3 months. I use capsaicin cream to try and ease the pain in my hands. I'm still trying to get this one right. I want to reduce the pain relief I take because of the side effects but simply cannot find anything else that helps.

I got one a while ago and it didn't help me at all, in fact I found it quite uncomfortable to press the pen point into to my painful and tender arthritic knees, as I had to press the button quite hard to get it to work and it just seemed to dig into my knee. That said, just because it didn't work for me, it might work for other people. I also tried a TENS machine which didn't help either, but my husband has arthritis in his hips and it works a treat for him.

Whats good about all pain killers? Gee well I get to sleep at night. I get through a day without going "Shiiiiiit my back or knees or whatever......" Yep I take as few, but like most of us, tried all the alternatives.
    Pain management clinics exist....but we all find diff ways of coping with it don't we?