Thread: ordering new car

ordering new car

Took a test drive of the car I fancy and loved it it is before my renewal date but the dealer has done the paperwork with me already just need to send it away on my renewal date.

Of course the test drive car was one from the showroom with all the extras at first the dealer said if the cars still there by the time you order you could have it but then realised it had the extras.

Just wondering if anyone's managed to get a showroom car with the extras in it and how did they go about getting.

Quote Originally Posted by jock View Post
    Took a test drive of the car I fancy and loved it it is before my renewal date but the dealer has done the paperwork with me already just need to send it away on my renewal date.

Of course the test drive car was one from the showroom with all the extras at first the dealer said if the cars still there by the time you order you could have it but then realised it had the extras.

Just wondering if anyone's managed to get a showroom car with the extras in it and how did they go about getting.
    Hi, i'm not sure you can get a showroom car, it's basically second hand surely?
    Some people get cars that are in stock, but they are classed as new.
    You also have set amounts to pre-pay depending on the model, this is set by motability not the dealer

You were driving the demo model. he salesman will also use to and from work. These cars are sold once they reach 3 or 4 months old with a sizeable discount as the mileage is only 3 or 4000 mile5s on the5 clock. As the 'hit7' has already been taken these cars are great secondhand bargains but w4on't be bought be Motability to sell to you.

You might have to wait 3 months for your new Motability Car but you can choose the colour and trim etc

Remember that the model year will change soon.

Was the demo car but showroom salesman said if its still here by time your order we could give you it then he realised there was the optinial extras in the car anyway when paying the advance payment can u pay half of it on the day you order then the rest on the pick up day?

Think your dealer is talking nonsense Jock. You don't have to pay the advance payment till
    pick up day. You also shouldn't be getting a demo car.

Motability wont allow you to obtain an ex demo car as it has already been registered to the dealers,meaning it would be classed as a second hand vehicle (affecting resale value). They may be able to source an unregistered one from other dealers but you would have limited choice with colours & extras.

Quote Originally Posted by asty View Post
    Motability wont allow you to obtain an ex demo car as it has already been registered to the dealers,meaning it would be classed as a second hand vehicle (affecting resale value). They may be able to source an unregistered one from other dealers but you would have limited choice with colours & extras.
    This worth remembering if buying online as some cars pre registered.