Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reversing camera

Hybrid View

Reversing camera

Hi all ,can anyone tell me what models are available on the Motobilty scheme that have fitted reversing camera's fitted please ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Hi all ,can anyone tell me what models are available on the Motobilty scheme that have fitted reversing camera's fitted please ?.
    Thats a tough one. No easy way to find out. If you have a shortlist the best thing is to check the manufacturers website. very few cars will have it fitted as standard so it would have to be an option and it ca be pricey as it often comes as a package or requires other sfaety kit to be fitted too.

Hi the nissan qashqai n-tec model has a reversing camera i am getting the car 1st week in March fingers crossed i shall have it soon.Hope you do find what your looking for,maybe its worth ringing all the dealers and asking what and if they do any mobility vehicles which have reversing cameras???.

Many thanks for the replies , you would have thought more models would have them fitted in this day and age ,seems makers they are more obsessed with sat-navs & cup holders than a safety item such as this !

Many thanks for the replies , you would have thought more models would have them fitted in this day and age ,seems makers they are more obsessed with sat-navs & cup holders than a safety item such as this !
    You'll be glad to know that there are free parking sensors on all Ford Motability cars. Believe me these are far superior to cameras as they give you an audible sound that increases in speed the nearer you get to an object until it becomes a continuous note which means you're 8 inches away. Foolproof unless you're deaf! Cameras are just as effective but more of a gimmick. Happy reversing!
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 02-14-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Most VW cars have them on the Options List.

Nissan as said above for the Juke & Qashqai, NTec and Tekna models.

Some Toyotas have them also.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head, will have a delve into my brain and think of some more later.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

If you have to pay you should be able to claim back the VAT, if you can show it is needed because of your disablity. Just posted on this, so will get the link for you..... Here you are: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/c...s/disabled.htm

Informative link that...........thanks for the other replies as well folks ,it certainly has given me a statring point.

Ford do supply reversing cameras on the models I have looked at as an option, Mondeo, Grand C Max, S-Max and Galaxy.
    The come as part of the navigation Plus option, around 1,000 for the touchscreen nav pack and reversing cameras.
    Wityh the exception of the very tiny Nissan Quashqai scree (5" and low down in the facia, many complaints from owners about that) The onbly vehicles I know of with reversing cameras as standard are the Land Rover range in higher spec.
    Ford do have for the Focus, an alternative which is auto reverse and park. I think a few others also are offering this now as well, where the car does the reversing for you.

front and rear parking aids were free with Vauxhall last month when I got my Astra sports Tourer. Having used rear cameras extensively driving large vehicles I have to add that the audible sensors are much better for close work.
    I read somewhere that rear cameras are required for new vehicles in California so it won't be long before they're widely available .