Thread: esa need advice

Hybrid View

esa need advice

Hi, I am new to this so please be patient with me..
    I have been on sickness related income support for several years and was recently told I would be moving onto a new benefit ESA.. I filled in the form with help from a welfare rights worker sent it off with a letter from my doctor and had a phone call yesterday to say the changeover had gone through, then today received a letter saying they had put me into a work related group.. I have
    1 heart disease since Heart attack in 1997
    2 Peripheral neuropathy caused by statins
    3Erythromalaligia (sp) which comes secondary to Peripheral neuropathy
    4 Bronchiecstasis ( lung disease) Which when I get a chest infection I am ill for 6 weeks and cough blood up and can't sleep in all that time because the cough is potitional
    5 cervical spondylosis.
    6 previous spinal surgery
    7Hiatus hernia
    Also I have just come out of hospital after getting Jaundice from gallstone blockage the surgeon wanted me back in after a couple of weeks to remove gallbladder but since ERCP camera and electic prod to push gallstone out I have been in severe pain since which they are now investigating since they can't do the op until they kniow what else is going on.. Also waiting for MRI scan on upper back as I have a trapped nerve that is causing pain and numbness in my right arm.
    I am also plagued by depression due to my many conditions and am under the pain management clinic at my local hospital..
    I really don't know what I should do now any help appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Jam View Post
    Hi, I am new to this so please be patient with me..
    I have been on sickness related income support for several years and was recently told I would be moving onto a new benefit ESA.. I filled in the form with help from a welfare rights worker sent it off with a letter from my doctor and had a phone call yesterday to say the changeover had gone through, then today received a letter saying they had put me into a work related group.. I have
    1 heart disease since Heart attack in 1997
    2 Peripheral neuropathy caused by statins
    3Erythromalaligia (sp) which comes secondary to Peripheral neuropathy
    4 Bronchiecstasis ( lung disease) Which when I get a chest infection I am ill for 6 weeks and cough blood up and can't sleep in all that time because the cough is potitional
    5 cervical spondylosis.
    6 previous spinal surgery
    7Hiatus hernia
    Also I have just come out of hospital after getting Jaundice from gallstone blockage the surgeon wanted me back in after a couple of weeks to remove gallbladder but since ERCP camera and electic prod to push gallstone out I have been in severe pain since which they are now investigating since they can't do the op until they kniow what else is going on.. Also waiting for MRI scan on upper back as I have a trapped nerve that is causing pain and numbness in my right arm.
    I am also plagued by depression due to my many conditions and am under the pain management clinic at my local hospital..
    I really don't know what I should do now any help appreciated thanks
    Have you claimed Disability Living Allowance?

go to your local DWP and ask for a GL24 form and appeal. then put in a request for the ESA85 and the ESA85a also find out if your doctor filled out the ESA113,request a copy of this to,there should be a copy in your medical records. you need to do this now.
    Hope your not easily shocked as you will see the ESA85 can be full of lies. you need to get hold of your local DIAL worker/helper as these have more knowledge of disabled issues than CAB. or see if your local council have a welfare rights officer. you need to work fast on this as there is a time limit for appeals.
    Use link to find your local DIAL office
    http://www.dialuk.info/

sorry to hear about your problems but believe me you are not alone we have been fighting the dla for almost a year now.what you need to do is get back to the welfare rights worker who helped you in the past while you are waiting for them get in touch with the esa and ask them for a copy of all the information that they used to make the decision and also to send you an appeal form.you will need to do this quickly as they only give you 28 days to do this. hope this helps p.s if you get called in for a medical in the future you can now ask for this to be recorded