Thread: New disability tests 'must prove fair and accurate

New disability tests 'must prove fair and accurate

Yes, I saw this too. It is nice to know we have some support in the corridors of power. The question is, will it make a difference?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    Yes, I saw this too. It is nice to know we have some support in the corridors of power. The question is, will it make a difference?
    You must be joking.

HI i am new to website and actually computers as well, i have just had my medical from ATOS and after two weeks i rang for the decision
    so job center told me it was ATOS who make the decision not the DLA so another week and i received the reply saying i was put on the support group, but i have just received an update from hospital tests that show my condition is a lot worse than thought, so i rang job center, to ask for a copy of medical report the women got very shirty to say the least, what was the decision she said i said i got it, so why do you want a copy she said i replied because i have just had hospital report and need more care, she replied, the ATOS would have given it if you were entitled to added income then said i would off had to pay anyway and put the phone down.
    well i just sat in my chair in shock, how would they know if i hadn't received the report myself.

I know Beau, but it is nice to have a dream, lol!

Welcome Hare. It makes me laugh this, it does as we have heard it so many times. They hate when people challenge them. You have the right to any data held on you. They cannot refuse. How can they know because you just found out your situation has worsened, so this information was not available to them at the time. In this ATOS is actually innocent for once. You can request files on your claims, for your own records, for appeals, etc. I know one of our member wiser members will give you details of which forms to get to request such info.

New to PCs too? Ah, I remember that day. Enjoy it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I think these changes are just to cut alot of people off these benefits.I have athritus in my hip a curv in my spine suffer bad depression and my gullet has stoped working so i get days where i cant even drink water and to get food in me is hard work as my oesophogus has stoped working also.I have a nurse and docter to back me up but still worried sick.
    I think atos is fair as my son who is menaly ill had a fair shake with the docter there.I cant see docters making people suffer because at the end of the day it is their duty not to make people suffer sure?ly

I wish the facts backed up what you say David, but doctors in general have never put people first. It is more so now with GPs opting out of out-of-hours service, demanding more than the 100,000 a year they get, the poor service from the out-of-hours doctors, & how most ATOS dcoctors treat claimants.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen