Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an adventure

Hybrid View

an adventure

Now here's a thought.

The weather is going to get milder this week so I was thinking of taking a day or maybe two away to visit anther part of England or Wales.

This is a networking opportunity - a chance for me to meet a 'youreable member' in person - now there's a first. I'll probably stay in a Travellodge but if you fancied meeting up for a bite to eat in the evening that's great.

I was thinking of traveling Wed/Thursday and will happily travel 160 miles as I like driving!

If anyone fancies a visit North of Watford Gap to Manchester let me know.

I know it's a wild idea but why not. Who knows it could catch on.

If only I could get a train.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Well 65 views and one response, thank you Stephen.

Well at this rate I might prefer to attend a disability conference in Manchester on Wednesday!

Did you know that Manchester is one of the most accessible cities in Europe - yes that's right - Europe. If anyone wants free digs for a break let me know and we'll see what we can sort out. Obviously it's a limited offer so get in touch soon.

I might venture towards Bath, Bristol way - does anyone live 10/15 miles from here - it would be my pleasure to visit you.

I viewed it 3 times, lol!

Leeds is suppose to be too, & it is if you are in a wheelchair, arrange things in advance, have someone to help you, & are capable of flyin!

You are in a generous mood LT.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Not enough notice for me I'm afraid, but I'd be up for a meet in the future.

Be careful though it's been peeing it down all day here, so don't rely on the weather!
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

The rain is badly needed, so enjoy!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I've got a couple of friends coming down from Manchester next week. I have been running there forum for them for the past seven years.
    We have a meet-up every year in London. Best thing I ever did, putting a face to the people you chat to, every day.

Red or Blue lighttouch ?
    I'm admin on a Blues site

Hi Paul, that's great - let me know if you fancy a trip to my neck of the woods in the future - you're most welcome.

Phil - I was once married to a Southern lass - great girl - we're still in touch but haven't been to London in years. Which team do I support - well I like to sing along to Blue Moon! I live 5 miles from Manchester United's ground - plenty to see and do around here.

I'm off cycling on a trike around a running track shortly - why I'll hopefully be visiting the Nation Cycling Centre on Wednesday - it's a magical place.
    http://www.nationalcyclingcentre.com/t/velodrome-track

I know All about the cycling center. A very close friend has dealings with cycle teams that use it.
    I love the Blues I have got too know over the years and we have had some great meets in London.
    I am also a cyclist which I used to enjoy and still do on occasions if Im feeling stupid enough to go for a ride. The epilepsy has stopped me on a few occasions and I have broken many bones because of cycling. But now Im a granddad so need to act my age a bit lol.

Meeting people you have been chatting with on forums for years is a great thing,and more people should try it.

Have fun Lighttouch, Phil

PS: I am a neutral on the football site, a west ham fan. But im admin so being a neutral helps ;D
    Last edited by PhilH; 02-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Phil, no, you lie, no way can any footbal fan be neutral. That is an oxymoron
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen