Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welfare reform bill now unstoppable - 1 March 2012

Welfare reform bill now unstoppable - 1 March 2012

The welfare reform bill has now completed its passage through the House of Lords and only awaits the formality of the granting of royal assent before it becomes law.

Despite a great deal of resistance from online campaigners and cross-bench peers, the bill survived largely unscathed. Ultimately, it was untouched by the amendments passed in the House of Lords, such as paying contribution ​based employment and support allowance(ESA) for two years rather than one.

The bills successful passage through the lords means that a number of radical changes to the benefits system, such as the benefits cap, time limiting ESA and the replacement of disability living allowance with personal independence payment now face no further obstacles.

I guess there is no hope after all then.
    I am a proud British European!

why am I not surprised

I bet Cameron and Co feel very pleased with themselves,
    I don't wish them any harm, but I do hope this comes back to haunt them.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    The welfare reform bill has now completed its passage through the House of Lords and only awaits the formality of the granting of royal assent before it becomes law.

Despite a great deal of resistance from online campaigners and cross-bench peers, the bill survived largely unscathed. Ultimately, it was untouched by the amendments passed in the House of Lords, such as paying contribution –​based employment and support allowance(ESA) for two years rather than one.

The bills successful passage through the lords means that a number of radical changes to the benefits system, such as the benefits cap, time limiting ESA and the replacement of disability living allowance with personal independence payment now face no further obstacles.
    our own fault how many people gave information when they asked for views ? not many when less than 10,000 people out of 3,000,000 disabled can be bothered to give input it was always going to become law more people got behind stopping the selling off of forests and making sure trees where ok .... that bill started same time as disability bill but joe public got behind stopping it big time

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    our own fault how many people gave information when they asked for views ? not many when less than 10,000 people out of 3,000,000 disabled can be bothered to give input it was always going to become law more people got behind stopping the selling off of forests and making sure trees where ok .... that bill started same time as disability bill but joe public got behind stopping it big time
    The consultation period for the PIP allowance ends 30/04/12, so people can still have input. I will in the next week.

We have had it. It is the end. I think we should all commit mass suicide in front of Parliament. That would upset them as they would not be able to clean the mess up for a few days.

People did not give their views because they felt it would not make any difference.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I bet Cameron and Co feel very pleased with themselves,
    I don't wish them any harm, but I do hope this comes back to haunt them.
    I wonder if Teflon Tony has shares in ATOS. and Gordan brown is probably on the board of directors

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    We have had it. It is the end. I think we should all commit mass suicide in front of Parliament. That would upset them as they would not be able to clean the mess up for a few days.

People did not give their views because they felt it would not make any difference.

and the press headline would read That's Got Rid of Them

You know, we would be forgotten fast, but at least we would be on the news for a day or two. I am not that apathetic, but I feel we have lost our basic ability to survive now. I am hoping that at worse I end up with the lower components of PIP, will lose my SDP, probably, should keep CA, hopefully. If that happens I have choices to make that will be tough. Do I stop using taxis? How do I shop? How do I get to medical appointments? Do I turn the heating down? Get rid of Virgin, will it is all rubbish & repeats.

What if I lose it all? God, the thought of that is terrifying. Another battle, & can I win it? What about families who are of working age where more than one person is not working & one or more are disabled? The results for us all are beyond hell.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen