Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: industrial benefits

industrial benefits

Hi hope someone can help ive been refused industrial disease benefit because im suffering serious lung problems from working with flour for many years,my nurse told me to apply for occupational asthma,but ive been refused because the medical doctor has said i have copd and this is not a prescripted disease ,my own doctor has also written copd somewhere in my notes ,but he said this is not an actual condition but an umberella term for many lung conditions and the only way i could have so bad lung capacity is from the flour what can i do now

I would advise legal help on this. You may have a claim against your employers, or not, I am not sure. You may also wish to contact someone like the CAB or an organisation that deals with such injuries & resultant claims for industrial injuries & benefits. They would have a far better understanding of your claim & how to fight it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Were you or are you a member of a union? They could help with legal representation.

I always forget unions, I wonder why, lol. Actually, a union over 20 years ago helped me when I was wrongfully sacked.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

thanks

hi thanks for your surgestions i had been told to take legal action before but thought that if i got this benefit it would help with prescription charges etc id also been told to claim mobility but dont know now after being refused but if they are saying its copd surely they cant dispute im ill or can they glad i found this forum keep up the good work all

I suffer from vibration white finger but the DWP say i don't as i cant make my fingers go white at will it just happens . The fact i can take things out of the oven due to lack of feeling in my fingers means nothing to them

have a look here
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/statistics/causdis/copd/index.htm
    Workplace exposures likely to contribute to COPD include various dusts (coal, cotton, grain, flour, silica, and wood) as well as certain fumes and chemicals (welding fume, isocyanates, cadmium, vanadium, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons).

I have emphysema (COPD), OK I smoked, but I also think it was down to working in a blacksmith shop for 22 years most of the time it was filled with smoke from the fires and burning oil and grease
    Last edited by Richard; 03-06-2012 at 09:29 AM.

hi richard were you able to claim industrial benefit im going to appeal and will speak to the union to find out best way to go

Quote Originally Posted by laneface View Post
    Hi hope someone can help ive been refused industrial disease benefit because im suffering serious lung problems from working with flour for many years,my nurse told me to apply for occupational asthma,but ive been refused because the medical doctor has said i have copd and this is not a prescripted disease ,my own doctor has also written copd somewhere in my notes ,but he said this is not an actual condition but an umberella term for many lung conditions and the only way i could have so bad lung capacity is from the flour what can i do now
    Use this link for Community Legal Advice to find advice near you. This can include a Solicitor to advise on making a claim against your ex employer for Industrial Disease as well as a local advice centre to help with the social security claim.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dire...acts/DG_195356

Quote Originally Posted by laneface View Post
    hi richard were you able to claim industrial benefit im going to appeal and will speak to the union to find out best way to go
    I did not put a claim in due to me smoking, so the blame would be hard to be put on the company
    good luck with your claim