Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pip

pip

hi
    does anyone know if there is a medical attached to the new pip which is going to be taking over dla , also is severe dissablement involved or is this seperate thanks angela

davewhit
    there is going to be medicals for PIP and like ESA you will get than more often from reading the DWP bulrb on medicals most people will be 2 to 5 years between medicals

go to DWP web site plenty to downlaod and read just remember its not law yet and everything can change before PIP comes in

Surely if I/you have a DLA life award then they are legally bound to honour that until the day I/you die . If not they shouldn't have put it in writing

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Surely if I/you have a DLA life award then they are legally bound to honour that until the day I/you die . If not they shouldn't have put it in writing
    No such luck a life or INDEF award can be reviewed at any time ... DLA under the "right benefit program" pick 10,000 DLA awards each year and any award can be picked as long as its been in payment 12 months and reviewed they are picked at random and reviewed

In the dla white paper which will be replaced in the end with a PIP white paper are a couple of lines that say they can get rid of DLA and replace it with something else or nothing most laws have a cop out built in

Maybe we should all fight PIP under the Human Rights Act-murders, rapists, other criminals & terrorists can use it-why not us?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    Maybe we should all fight PIP under the Human Rights Act-murders, rapists, other criminals & terrorists can use it-why not us?
    If disabled people end up not being able to live a independent life due to these changes,then it will be against human rights. Several disabled forums and charities are monitoring these changes, they will fight to keep our independence.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    If disabled people end up not being able to live a independent life due to these changes,then it will be against human rights. Several disabled forums and charities are monitoring these changes, they will fight to keep our independence.
    Any links to the above mentioned?

Regards.

Yes CT, but the definition of disabled it being redefined by the government. What we shall have is two laws that are in conflict, one for PIP & other benefits, & our right to live independently. It will be argued we can, or that we are not disabled enough. I cannot see a serious challenge succeeding. Many disabled people will have to die or be put away for there to be any backlash to this.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian B View Post
    Any links to the above mentioned?

Regards.
    http://www.spartacusforum.org.uk/for...1570cfb189415&

i certainly hope it does not become law is anything being done to challenge the pip ie-petitions ect . also does anyone knoe if severe dissablement stops when claim my pension which is due in july this year , i still get sd as i was on it when it was stoped thanks again for all your help angela