Thread: You have to laugh!!

You have to laugh!!

So I have my PIP tribunal Thursday, the most local venue to me is a 40 minute drive away.

So just going over things a getting everything prepared I noticed on my hearing form that the venue has no parking whatsoever! The closest car park with disabled facilities is apparently 5 minutes away. Ok so I thought well my partner will have to drop me off outside the door and then go and park the car as there is no way I can walk that far! So I take a look on google maps at the building to find the building is in a block of buildings on a big roundabout on a busy main road, not only is there nowhere to drop me off outside but the whole pathway along the road has railings!! The nearest place where I could be dropped off looks to be a good 3/4 minute walk.

Am I that naive to think that a building that holds disability benefit tribunals should at least have disabled parking... obviously I am!

Just away of not giving you PIP or ESA - make it hard to park close, so you have to walk thus you fail.
    Sad but true.

Could you maybe borrow a wheelchair and explain why when in there ? These things really annoy me - like they are testing you ! All the best

You could ring them an explain the problem, they may offer a different venue at a later date, but yes you would think that the tribunal building would be easily accessible , my nearest tribunal centre is less than 100mtrs from the nearest rail way stn, has a bus stop outside ,and car parking at around 100mtrs or so, less if you get lucky with a space in the on street pay & display parking areas

They must do it to test you!!

My dad has a wheelchair but is away on holiday otherwise I would borrow his! I would hire one but the local company wants £150 deposit which I just don't have.

I rang the tribunal services this morning and explained the situation so waiting for a call back.

Looking at the details of the venue the nearest railway station is a 15 minute walk and the nearest bus station is a 10 minute walk.... How can they hold diability tribunals in a venue so inaccessible!!

The Red Cross loan out wheelchairs on a temporary basis:

Use this link:

http://www.redcross.org.uk/What-we-d.../Mobility-aids

This link might also help for your preparation:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be.../your-hearing/

Quote Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
    The Red Cross loan out wheelchairs on a temporary basis:

Use this link:

http://www.redcross.org.uk/What-we-d.../Mobility-aids
    Thank you for this! Wish I knew about it sooner. I have put in a request but can take up to 2 working days and my tribunal is Thursday... never know might get it in time!

I've had a lot of help with my appeal from my local citizens advice, I am nervous but pleased it's all coming to and end as its so stressful!!!

Account deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark1609 View Post
    So I have my PIP tribunal Thursday, the most local venue to me is a 40 minute drive away.

So just going over things a getting everything prepared I noticed on my hearing form that the venue has no parking whatsoever! The closest car park with disabled facilities is apparently 5 minutes away. Ok so I thought well my partner will have to drop me off outside the door and then go and park the car as there is no way I can walk that far! So I take a look on google maps at the building to find the building is in a block of buildings on a big roundabout on a busy main road, not only is there nowhere to drop me off outside but the whole pathway along the road has railings!! The nearest place where I could be dropped off looks to be a good 3/4 minute walk.

Am I that naive to think that a building that holds disability benefit tribunals should at least have disabled parking... obviously I am!
    i attended medical for pip in a wheelchair,and because i could stand up n didnt have bad back they said i didnt need wheelchair so that went against me straight away,i used wheelchair cos few hours before medical i had a sizure and was to exsausted to walk,also i got bad heart which means i cant walk far but they wouldnt listen,just said i didnt need wheelchair,typical of them ggrrrr.