Thread: Good news for once from the DWP

Good news for once from the DWP

Bit of a saga here. Stick with me. I was advised I was eligible for SDP. Phoned up, requested form --nothing happens, chased it up, it never got to me.
    Soooo they send a 2nd form, fills it in. Chase it up weeks later....its stuck in Hanley.
    Lady most apologetic, send out a THIRD form which she says fill in and TAKE DIRECT TO JOB CENTRE. which eventually I did. They were non-plussed, told me to come back the next day. I looks at them and says "do you know how difficult it is to get here in a wheelchair?" But hey ho.....i left and on the way home....my wheelchair breaks down, my back "went" and i ended up in A%E.
    Later that day, I phoned and said why i would NOT be making it back to the job centre the next day. But as it happens, you can't phone the local job centre, no, theres a central number. After listening to my tale of woe and agreeing that I had done my utmost to get the bloody form to DWP, she tells me a Visiting officer will phone me. Which eventually they did! And a lady came and fetched said form to put in their internal mail yesterday!!

So i just thought I'd share the tale, complex as it is, to say sometimes the DWP can make the effort!

I'm having a bit of a saga with them at the moment been on and off the phone in the last 2 days (with a 15-20 minute Vivaldi concert every time I phone them Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boohoo.gif 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	1606).

Anyway, I'm on hold again this morning when my phone cut out (credit ran out).

She rang back within 30 seconds and we continued from there. (I had expected that nothing would happen and the call would be totally canceled).
    So they can be helpful sometimes.

Still waiting for another call back though, hopefully it is sorted this time, no credit to ring them back.

(Although when she rang me back it actually showed up on my phone as an 0800 number instead of the usual call centre number or just 'witheld'. It may be worth a try next time I have to ring them).

PS. I am aware that you can ask them to call you back if you have low credit on your phone, but after spending 20 mins in a queue I'm not going to risk them not ringing back, and so having to spend another 20 mins queueing.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Whenever I have to make a looooong call , which is whenever they are going to put you on hold, who ever the they is at that time - i have to use the landline, simply because I cannot hold the phone for that length of time and so "rest" it on a stand and put it on speakerphone.
    I have had some very strange "waiting" music choices on hold over the last few days'

Still not heard anything. I've been living alone since Feb. Jeez what a crap system!

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Still not heard anything. I've been living alone since Feb. Jeez what a crap system!
    JobcentrePlus have scanned and sent stuff digitally to the DWP and gave me a receipt. The only thing you must do to stop them losing your paperwork is to add your full name and National Insurance number to the top of each page.

LT as you will see from the dates this was on old post - May 2016, so that is all history now.