Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Adblue for diesel cars

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    If the car that you choose requires AdBlue, then you have to use it. The next generation of petrol engines will need it as well.
    Always a good idea to follow manufactures guidelines.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    126
    My car gives a countdown with 650 miles remaining and then it will refuse to start. Always a good idea to fill up before you get to zero. When I have needed it I have filled it myself rather than spend the time at the garage.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    416
    Ah, the joys of having a tank of urea in your engine bay....

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    Ah, the joys of having a tank of urea in your engine bay....
    It's located some way from the engine bay - well on mine it is!
    I was wondering how the system would know if you filled it with water instead of the official liquid, but I am not going to try it to find out. Might be taking the P1ss - OK, I will get my coat!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,162
    Always worth putting a label on things.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransman View Post
    It's located some way from the engine bay - well on mine it is!
    I was wondering how the system would know if you filled it with water instead of the official liquid, but I am not going to try it to find out. Might be taking the P1ss - OK, I will get my coat!
    I was involved with this at a large UK SUV manufacturer.
    The reason they put the tank into the engine bay is that its susceptible to Cold/Freezing, becomes useless when frozen and thawed. plus the fact that on EU6C engines it needs to be sprayed into the Exhaust system as it comes off the engine.
    And yes, Along with DPFs there will be PPFs for gasoline cars.
    Still, if you need to fill it up quickly, just drink lots of water...:-0

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    I was involved with this at a large UK SUV manufacturer.
    The reason they put the tank into the engine bay is that its susceptible to Cold/Freezing, becomes useless when frozen and thawed. plus the fact that on EU6C engines it needs to be sprayed into the Exhaust system as it comes off the engine.
    And yes, Along with DPFs there will be PPFs for gasoline cars.
    Still, if you need to fill it up quickly, just drink lots of water...:-0
    I can see the logic behind putting it in the engine bay, but that is not where it is located on Audi SUV's. Hopefully this image will load.

    Urea will begin to crystalize and freeze at around -11C so not many days in the UK below that. Would be interesting to know what would happen if it did freeze though.
    Attachments Pending Approval

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,162
    I see VW are to recall more diesels having fitted them with a cheat device, appears to be the Tourag 3.0 version. More damage for the VW group.
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/n...id=mailsignout

Similar Threads

  1. Mitsubishi Phev V Diesel
    By andypandy in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 11:08 AM
  2. diesel cars for low mileage customers
    By alex9467 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 02:22 PM
  3. Why some folk should avoid diesel cars
    By Deleted in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 09:17 AM
  4. Any advice of petrol or diesel?!?
    By shopaholic in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •