Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IB to ESA letter, worried sick :(

IB to ESA letter, worried sick :(

After constantly worrying and expecting the inevitable letter from DWP regarding the transfer from IB to ESA it has now arrived saying they will be phoning me within the next 2 weeks prior to a form being sent out to me to fill in. Can anyone tell me what number this form will be and if it can be completed online? as I have difficulty writing.

I am at present in reciept of IS, IB, enhanced premium, SDP and DLA both HR. I am extremely worried and don't know how this will tell on me over the time it will take to make this transfer or if I lose all benefits. Its the nightmare stories about ATOS that really frieghten me.

What worries me most is that I have several health issues and should attend hospital for them but havent done for the last 3 years because I have difficulty getting out for mobility reasons and fear of the outside and society, I am housebound. Because of this I don't have any supporting documents and I fear an ATOS rep could take advantage of this and say I'm capable of work.

I know I have to go through this like everyone but is there anything I should or shouldnt say in the phone call? Should I ask in the phonecall if I can have a home medical if they decide I have to have one? although I'm worried about this because I think if I ask for a home visit they may refuse knowing that I can't attend because of my problems so I lose benefit.

I'm worried if I lose ESA or get put into the work group I will lose my DLA too, I've heard so much about ATOS I don't have any faith what so ever, I struggle with people and anyone even coming into my home so even a home visit will be a traumatic experience. I don't know how I'm going to cope with this, I'm a born worrier
    Last edited by Mrs_W; 03-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.

davewhit
    you dont even have to answe the telephone call so when you get the form you fill it in the best you can, with advise from BAB or someone like them if you can ....... get copies of drs notes too and send them off with esa form too

you will not in most cases lose dla if you dont get esa as in some cases people work and get dla but if anything comes up in your medical that contridics your dla clam it can mean a dla review

not sure where you stand regards NOT going to hospital, I am sure the spin DWP ATOS will put on not going is if you managed without going for 3 years do you really need to go ? you will have to find a way to explain that

regards the form download and fill in the online copy then print off

start now if you want
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_195544.pdf

Thankyou Dave,

What do you mean about Drs notes? I don't have any I don't even see my Dr although just over a year ago she made a home visit after the other Dr in the practise showed concern over a requested prescription from me when he noticed I hadnt actually been seen for years. I do have the community nurses visit me for some treatment for one of my issues and they want to refer me for another problem to the hospital but I told them not to bother because I would not end up attending.

I have also missed important screenings for years because of this

I will give them the consultants names and telephone numbers from my previous visits, would they be likely to use those or just ignore them?

It does not display who is ringing on my phone and I always answer it so I will end up speaking to them, is there anything I should be careful of while talking to them, What are they likely to ask me when they call? and should I ask them anything or about a home medical then or leave it till later?

I think one of my messages went missing before the one about the phone call, I will wait a bit to see if it comes up. It did say it had to be approved by moderator but then I wrote the phone one as I had forgot to put that and it went straight on without moderation so not sure whats happened

Could I just ask if your are being migrated at your migration date that was on your previous letter or was you indefinite/life award?

Regards.

I did not have any other letters and they don't give a date just that they will phone within the next 2 weeks and then send a form called limited capability to work.

I see on the online form there is a part that asks if you need anything to attend the interview, should I put in that part that I would prefer a home visit if possible? I'm just worried in case they will deliberately not give me a home visit as I will fail if I don't attend.

I do not have any Drs notes or letters, I don't visit the Dr either but she did make a home visit just over a year ago as I requested an unusual prescription over the phone. She offered to set up care at home for me if I want it but at the moment I district nurses and family care. I do not really want the nurses involved in my benefits though as I feel quite embarrassed about it.

There will be my hospital outpatient history from my consultants if thats any use to them but all I can do is provide their contact details.

I have put a few messages on this thread that state they have to be checked by a moderator before going on, is this normal practise here?

Sebastien

I didnt have a date for IB previously but the DLA is an indefinate award but of course it wont be indefinate, I am expecting that to be soon after the esa.

Looking at the esa form online to me its very easy to get way over 15 points so it makes me wonder why there are so many people losing the benefit, there must be a lot of things wrong with the way its being done, its quite worrying.

Am I to understand that with ESA its means tested? how does that work? Say if by a miracle I get accepted on esa support group will I then have to provide proof of my bank statements etc?
    Last edited by Mrs_W; 03-10-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Must admit, I refused to speak to the woman from the DWP when she phoned.

To be honest, I've complained about the whole system they have on the IB to ESA transition.

Surely they should have to give a specific date and time when they are going to phone you? (especially with all the the phone scams that go on?)

Also, The DWP shouldn't be able to give ATOS your personal details without your permission to send out the ESA50!

And I don't accept their official answer that you've given them permission before on another form gives them Carte Blanche to do the same thing again whenever they feel like it!

They have legal permission & you cannot refuse to give them information. Yes, on the phone you may have, but what they want you have to give to them or else. It is that sort of thinking that does not help, but it is a fact. If they ask you to count to 10 you have to do it, lol.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen