Thread: Recording Telephone calls

Recording Telephone calls

Hi All,

I've written down incorrectly and forgotten important content in a telephone call again.

I really need to be able to record my telephone calls, does anyone know which equipment could help me? I have a Virgin land-line.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Most modern phones with an answerphone attached will allow you to do that. If you want a separate recording device there are called telephone recording devices. Also, so dictaphones can do this too. I would just look online & see what may suit you, to get an idea what is out there.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Thanks Stephen.

However, I forgot to mention a vital bit, I need to be able to transfer the calls to my computer as well.

Also, normal answer phone type phones only tend to record short amounts. Call I need recorded can be 1 hours+.
    Last edited by PhoneHHelp; 03-12-2012 at 07:52 PM.

You need a USB version then, or similar. I am not an expert, so I would search online & see what is available. These days most devices are compatible with PCs. A specific telephone recording device may suit you better. You can get devices that will record direct to a PC, external storage device such as a USB flash drive or external hard drive.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

digital recorders

If your phone has a handsfree option you could use a digital voice recorder set to conference mode - you can record for hours and download files to your computer.

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/2581_23763.htm

Thanks guys following up now on your suggestions.

I would have presumed a product like this would be readily available but it doesn't seem to be

In the end I went for Truecall. Not a perfect solution, but it appears to be the best available (or best I could find). Expensive as well over £100.

Landline Phone to PC Recording Kit.

Well just back from tricycling and googled- see what you make of this.

Seventh product down

http://www.spystore.co.uk/

Well I did a search & found a lot of them, different types. I suppose it depends on what your needs are & the price really. Hope you are happy with what you get.

You do know the laws on recording calls, who you can & cannot share it with, when you have & do not need to inform the person on the other end you are recording, etc?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen