Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple launch a new product 7 Sept at 6pm our time

Apple launch a new product 7 Sept at 6pm our time

The innovative American tech company will soon announce the launch of a new Apple product.

I'm not convinced that we will be blown away because it'll probably be just a new OS system or a iPhone 7 ...

The present CEO, Tim Cook, is basically an accountant not a creative visionary like Steve Jobs.

The only way Apple will get it's 'Mojo' back is if it buys out say 'Tesla' who have produced a number of innovative products like self-drive cars, electric cars, vertical landing rocket amongst others. What a team-up that would be - perhaps then Apple would start designing cars too!

Apple needs a guy called Elon Musk as their CEO to take the world by storm!

Apple need to start paying their taxes like we do, then our NHS won't be in as bad a way as it is.
    Oh and the other big multi national company's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie899 View Post
    Apple need to start paying their taxes like we do, then our NHS won't be in as bad a way as it is.
    Oh and the other big multi national company's as well.
    I agree that Companies should pay the correct amount of Tax but if you actually believe that the money collected would ease the NHS's funding problem, you will believe anything.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 09-06-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Apple make a good phone but I wouldn't buy into the Apple concept because :

1 They're laughing at our tax regime.

2 I dislike the subscription route they've adopted of late.

3 The Peagus virus could well be invading your privacy in the near future.

4 Apple think they're above the law (remember how they refused to assist the FBI).

Apple make a good phone but I wouldn't buy into the Apple concept because :

1 They're laughing at our tax regime.
    - I think they cal it 'creative accountancy'. It's legal - just!

2 I dislike the subscription route they've adopted of late.
    - buying into iTunes - know where you're coming from. Adobe only sell their software through the 'cloud' - the swines - how can we make pirate copies!

3 The Peagus virus could well be invading your privacy in the near future.
    - as soon as a virus is out a solution or patch is created - just make sure you upgrade your system software for maximum efficiency!

4 Apple think they're above the law (remember how they refused to assist the FBI).
    - flip a coin and you get Data Protection Act

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I agree that Companies should pay the correct amount of Tax but if you actually believe that the money collected would ease the NHS's funding problem, you will believe anything.
    Well in Ireland alone it's 13 billion and if iyou don't believe that some of that, say even 10% made its way to their health service, would that not be a massive boost.
    Funny enough the Irish health budget which was boosted by £880m this year is equivalent to apples tax bill.

1- So are lots of others, they are not doing anything illegal, just moraly wrong.
    The laws need tightening to close the tax loopholes.
    (But perhaps you country's leaders dont want that because they are also taging advantage of the same loopholes?).

2- Most businesses, especially online ones are currently changing to the subscription model.
    There are advantages for company and for customers, I wont waste space pointing out the pros and cons here.
    Give it 10 years it will change again.

3- Viruses are a bit of sore point with Apple.
    It's not that long ago that they used to actualy advertise that Apples were 'virus free'.
    That was never the case, there were just more Windows PC's to target, it wasn't worth targeting Macs.

4- I didn't like the FBI thing, especially the way it was spun/reported as if Apple were the bad guys.

I see that more as the FBI trying to make apple do their job for them.
    And also trying to set a legal precedent by violating privacy rights and putting 'backdoors' into operating systems whilst they were at it.

If the FBI had managed to get Apple to comply then you could have kissed your personal privacy goodbye (such as it is).
    NSA, GCHQ, MI5, MI6, (GPRU, NKVD, Speznatz?) and other acronyms and numbers you have never heard of would soon be on the bandwagon.

(Of course the only way they could spy on everbody all the time is to recruit everbody as spies).
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Sorry for hijacking your thread LT
    Had a lot of iPhones and I'm still using a 4 year old iPad which if you really only want to surf the net, it's the best I've tried.
    I'm now using the Samsung s7 edge and it's perfect, probably has the best camera out there, which is what I got it for.
    But the big tech guns in the mobile and tablet world are just pricing themselves out of the market when you consider the spec and prices of the likes of 'one plus three' at £309 or the Vodafone smart prime at £75 and the lenveno moto G4 at £169.
    I think Apple has become as much as a fashion accessory as a top piece of tech.
    As you say, maybe some fresh blood and time to expand their horizons.
    Ps. if anyone is thinking of getting the edge, don't as it's just there to look good and is a pain when holding it and accidently touching the screen. Just go for the s7 which is cheaper.

besides Apple is not tax paying but their products are awesome. we should accept, even we buy or not

Well as predicted they've brought out a water resistant Apple iPhone 7 with a better camera.

They are doing away with plug in head phones and are going wireless. And an upgrade to the system software.

So nothing remarkable or earth shattering- they are treading water in my opinion.????