Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Motability have a cooling off period?

I ordered my new car last week but I will only pay whichever is the lower deposit (Q1 Q2), car ordered was a VW but Ford where quite happy to do the same, good luck with whatever you choose,

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    I'm about to order my next car on Motability, the advance payment is £399 (Seat Leon 1.6TD SE Copa 5dr for those interested), but what I was wondering is if I order it right at the end of March and the price then goes down do I have any right to cancel the order and submit a new one? I know you get a 5 day statutory cooling off period with credit agreements which are not agreed on the creditor's registered business premises, but is Motability classed as a credit agreement?
    In answer to your original question, Motability contract hire contracts have no cooling off period. A small number of dealers dealers may allow you to order towards the quarter end and if the price goes down allow you to re-order at the lower price but its best to check before you order.
    Last edited by paul1234; 03-22-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    In answer to your original question, Motability contract hire contracts have no cooling off period. A small number of dealers dealers may allow you to order towards the quarter end and if the price goes down allow you to re-order at the lower price but its best to check before you order.
    I've spoken to Motability and they've confirmed there is a 7 day cooling off period. I'm hoping to go in towards the end of next week and sort it out with the dealer, hopefully they'll have some idea of next quarter's APs by then. I wouldn't use the cooling off period clause if it was going to be too much hassle or cause any delays, just thought I could use it to save a few quid.

I would have thought the cooling off period started when you collect the car, not when you have ordered it.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 29,200 miles; avg 37.9mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs