Thread: Apollo Cinema - are they disabled friendly?

Apollo Cinema - are they disabled friendly?

I went to the Apollo Cinema for the first time and I was shocked to be told that I couldn't use my CEA card and have a premier cinema seat, I was only able to have a standard seat. I have always used Odeon Cinema and I've always been able to choose a Premier, extra leg room seat.

When the girl selected CEA Card on her computer, the premier seat automatically blacked out. Is this even legal for Apollo to do?

Only some certain cinemas accept CEA Card. Luckily a lot of cinema companies do.
    I am a proud British European!

have only gone to the odeon cineme with no problems.

i dont have any problems with Apollo cinemas but I've never had a CEA Card.

How often do you go to the Cinema?

I go to the cinema say once a month. I go there with my Mums Boyfriends Son, e.g. We went to watch Big Mommas 2. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was brilliant!

I do not use the CEA card, as i don't go to the Cinema that often but you should all be allowed to have what it is the Cinema do, When the Cinema will not alow you to, you should complain to the local authority.

I've got a CEA card and my local cinema is an Apollo. I'm limited as to which seats I can use from an access point of view. Unfortunately they are usually on the ground floor or no further back than the first row due to balance, steps etc.

The CEA card won't allow you into any luxury seating where you pay a premium. It is only for standard fare seating.

Hi Trin and other posters. I can confirm that Apollo cinemas do accept the CEA cards for Premier Seats in our cinemas which have them. Please can you let me know which cinema you visited as we will need to address this with the staff. Apologies that you had this issue on your visit. I have sent you a friend request if you can private message with your email address? Thank you, Apollo.

Hi Trin, I can confirm that Apollo cinemas do accept the CEA cards for Premier Seats in our cinemas which have them. Please can you let me know which cinema you visited as we will need to address this with the staff. Apologies that you had this issue on your visit. I have sent you a friend request if you can private message with your email address? Thank you, Apollo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Apollo View Post
    Hi Trin, I can confirm that Apollo cinemas do accept the CEA cards for Premier Seats in our cinemas which have them. Please can you let me know which cinema you visited as we will need to address this with the staff. Apologies that you had this issue on your visit. I have sent you a friend request if you can private message with your email address? Thank you, Apollo.
    Hello,
    Thanks for answering this. I've already had an email back from my local Cinema stating that they do accept the use of the CEA card with the Premier seats in Carmarthen Apollo which is fab as it's a pain having to go the extra distance to the next nearest cinema. I have no idea why I was rejected before but I'm just putting it down to teething problems with the computers when a new business opens as the girl serving showed us on her computer screen that the option wasn't available.
    Thanks again for looking into this... really do appreciate it.