Thread: Energy Suppliers

Energy Suppliers

Hello

I hope it's ok to post about this subject in this section. Sorry mods if not!

I would like to ask. Are there any Energy Suppliers that do energy tariff concessions for the disabled or are they all the same? I having to look for a new electricity tariff.

I would be grateful for any advice regarding the above or a good comparison service switching website.

Many Thanks

Lu1

Most if not all will give a priority rating to customers who have special requirements, such as electrical equipment to deal with a medical condition. You will not get any general discount or freebies just for being disabled, nor should you, it is based on medical need on a case by case basis.
    For a supplier, check if your local authority has group buy scheme, these are generally good value, or check with moneysaving expert online. Have all your details and most recent bill to get a true comparison.
    Do a google for utility switch sites, try the 3 most recommended and compare the outcomes.
    Beware of switching supplier and incurring a penalty for switching too early in the contract, this could cost up to £60. Details will be available on your suppliers web site.
    Who are you with at the moment Lu1? Your supplier may well have the best tariff already, but not the one you are on. Have you checked?

It might be worth checking out if you qualify for the Warm Home Discount Scheme.

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-dis...me/eligibility

I dont know if any give a special tariff but I do know that there is an annual amount that can be credited to your account if you are on certain benefits and also some suppliers will register you as vunerable,which means if there is an interruption to your supply they will try and have you back on double quick
    Sorry to be so vague,i expect someone else will know what both these things are called
    i have a poor memory

I presume the post #4 from deebee crossed over with mine.

The other site referred to in that post I believe is http://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/int...g-a-power-cut/

Yes,our posts crossed
    Bit cross with myself right now re bloody energy suppliers
    Got a sign on the door,but it doesn't stop them knocking
    Had man here just now talking about energy suppliers
    Told him I didn't want to switch
    He said that wasn't what he was there for
    Damn well was though
    Bamboozled me with info and like a fool signed
    All his silly jokes and flattery didn't go unnoticed,was in sales and marketing most of my life
    Fancy telling me he thought I was in my thirties!!
    Not taken in by that,I,m fifty two,for gods sake,and not looking good for my age these days
    No it was not the flattery,but the bamboozle of words and figures,before I knew it I was doing what I told him I wouldn't and he said was not the purpose of his visit
    Thank goodness for the fourteen day cooling off period!