Thread: HONDA CRV or VW TOURAN?

HONDA CRV or VW TOURAN?

Hi has anyone fitted a swivel seat (turny evo or Carony etc) to one of these? I am interested to know if they work on these cars for large people like me 6foot 17 stone. Any advice appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyman View Post
    Hi has anyone fitted a swivel seat (turny evo or Carony etc) to one of these? I am interested to know if they work on these cars for large people like me 6foot 17 stone. Any advice appreciated. thanks
    Hi

Ive not had one of the seats but ive had 4 tourans and getting in and out was very very good with wide opening doors. The turning circle though is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyman View Post
    CRV best avoided in Petrol as engine thirsty and in auto, a very old 5 speed auto. I am unable to recommend diesel due to uncertainties about the fuel's future.

The latest Euro6 standard diesels are very clean. Diesel still does far more mpg than a petrol equivalent and, if the car is on Motability, then residual values are not an issue so what's not to like?

If leasing on Motability, agreed, but for private purchase or PCP, much to consider, particularly if in an area which is proposing diesel charges in nearby town or city.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    If leasing on Motability, agreed, but for private purchase or PCP, much to consider, particularly if in an area which is proposing diesel charges in nearby town or city.
    Any proposed charges for diesel vehicles I have seen so far have exempted "tax exempt" vehicles. I think London charges for BB holders are going to start in 2023 (not that I ever go there). Plenty of time to see how things pan out yet.

With DPF's and AdBlue systems fitted to modern diesels that significantly reduce a lot of the unpleasant side effects and the world is benefiting from much lower CO2 emissions from diesels - remember global warming?

In the meantime I am more than happy with my average of 50mpg, with 65mpg on a run - and that's for an Audi SUV big enough to take my rigid chair in the boot (obviously not on Motability). My fuel bills have dropped dramatically.