Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any help with this? liver levels

Any help with this? liver levels

basically had a liver screening test which showed some problems as they call it 'raised liver levels' one test i could dismiss but after a second one showed 3 times over the level limits some concerns are setting in.

i have been called for a 3rd test and not sure what would happen next.

doctor who i saw thinks there could be some infection but surely this should of gone with treatment.

anyone with ideas why the tests keep coming back abnormal let me know, also what would the case be if the third comes back the same.

mike

Liver function test

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    basically had a liver screening test which showed some problems as they call it 'raised liver levels' one test i could dismiss but after a second one showed 3 times over the level limits some concerns are setting in.

i have been called for a 3rd test and not sure what would happen next.

doctor who i saw thinks there could be some infection but surely this should of gone with treatment.

anyone with ideas why the tests keep coming back abnormal let me know, also what would the case be if the third comes back the same.

mike
    Hi! I take some medication & the side effects is high readings off your liver. I get a 'liver function test' every couple of months, it's the only a blood test.

i have since had an update to this and went for a liver scan plus other organs and they found i had the modern day living problem fatty liver.

it seems that this is what was causing my abnormal blood tests.

thankfully everything else was fine.

ty for the response

Hi my husband has been for two scans and each time it has said he has a fatty liver also his gamma levels were high ,can i ask do you drink alcohol as this is a main factor of these results.

Usually if they have any further concerns, they would send you for a Liver Biopsy to take a sample for analysis, thats what they did with me.

in my youth i used to drink but then started getting bad sickness to which it was found i had gall bladder disease which was later removed, after that i then stopped drinking then at some point my blood tests kept coming back with raised liver levels and then recently my blood tests were showing all different problems, hence the organ scans.

the only advice i have been given is to watch what i eat and drink, i am due another scan at some point so will see what is said when the time comes.

Diet will play a big part here. Remember your liver and kidneys are basically processing all the food/drink you put IN your body. Put crap in and they will be affected and if they get sick they theres a knock effect elsewhere in your body. So think low salt, low fat, moderation on all things.

just had a second scan and liver is very fatty. i don't drink anymore and i don't have any fried foods and yet this has happened. i now run the risk of cirrhosis.

i have cut out some other stuff in my diet but not sure what else i can do, no doubt a letter will drop in the post from the doctors to discuss the situation.

I,d be inclined to ask for a simple blood test for Haemochromatosis its not checked for in standard blood tests and is off the radar of many doctors.
    Last edited by Harryo; 07-04-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edenderry55 View Post
    Hi! I take some medication & the side effects is high readings off your liver. I get a 'liver function test' every couple of months, it's the only a blood test.
    Hi. I have a blood test for a liver function test every couple of months as there is medication I take can cause liver damage. I also take a herb called milk thistle it safe guards your liver from damage from medication. Check it out.