Thread: I got a ticket while my blue badge was up

Question I got a ticket while my blue badge was up

on Tuesday I went shopping with my husband, we parked where we normally park put my blue badge up and went to do a bit of shopping we were only out the car for about 30 minutes we came back to the car it had a ticket on the windscreen, I sent an appeal as soon as we got home, got letter yesterday telling me the ticket was not being scrapped as it was loading unloading bay, we should not have parked there even with a blue badge, this is where the confusion comes into it there were 2 signs, my husband took pictures of it, on the top sign it stated loading unloading between 7.30am to 6.30pm,
    this is where it gets confusing the bottom sign says no loading unloading between 7.30am to 6.30pm

I dont know where to go from here,I'm hoping someone can advice me what to do next.

very confusing.I would send them a copy of the photos your hubby took and asked them to clarify what the sign really mean confusing or what.

I found this site really helpful i got a ticket while parked on single yellow line that was broken in places and did not end with a Tbar after a couple of letters telling them the ticket was issued illegally that it was not a continuous line and the area was not properly signed they cancelled the ticket http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ding-this-site. its a really good site for help put a post on the forum good luck

Well, I did exactly the same thing, thought I was being safer by not parking on the double yellow lines, biut on a loading bay area and got a ticket.

The booklet that comes with the blue badge is specific. I was wrong, and I paid the ticket. Think thats your only option.
    Did the two signs as well as saying loading and no loading, have anything else on them?

Hi cariad65 who actually issued the ticket was it a warden/police or a private parking company ?

its got on the ticket it was issued by civil enforcement officer, on behalf of council

I will get the picture which is on my husbands phone I will ask them to clarify the signs, as its soo confusing, thanks everyone for your input

You need to find out if your ticket is valid or even legal i posted a link this morning but it has gone to moderation if you google consumeractiongroup.co.uk then click transport scroll down to Parking /traffic offences you can ask the experts where you stand i had a ticket off my local council and won my appeal with the fantastic help from the forum experts give it a whirl and good luck Tony.

blue badge /ticket

My daughter is disabled and has blue badge I have had three tickets in the past for either parking in wronge place or not putting badge in the window (just a harrased mum) Each time I have wrote a letter apologising with my reasons for the error and each time they have cancelled the ticket. I don't know if we have considerate appeals staff on the Wirral or I have just been lucky but it is worth a try before you pay up. Explain the confusion and that you are sorry but believed you had parked correctly. Good luck

If the bay actually had loading/unloading written on the tarmac (never mind what the signs said), then I can't see how you'll get off the fine.

It clearly states in the Blue Badge guide book that you can't park in one of these bays, it doesn't matter what the signs say/don't say.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 21,500 miles; avg 34.3mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs