Thread: DLA Reconsideration Problem

Question DLA Reconsideration Problem

morning forum,

a while a go i got a decision not to award my dla so i put in for a reconsideration. after asking for this i got a letter that there was a lack of information and then had to fill in another lengthy form, well at least it gave me a chance to sit down and look where i went wrong.

i sent the form back recorded plus i also included new doctors evidence and other things.

however i am concerned at the time it is taking to do my reconsideration as it is running in to the 3rd month. i did check and they have got all paperwork and am wondering if this wait time is normal?

if it runs in to another month should i contact the dwp or simply wait it out?

mike

Good Morning Mike,
    I had a my DLA care part turned down here in Northern Ireland last year in May and it went as far as going to a tribunal which I went to in February 2012 only to sit in pain and discomfort for 2and a half hours to be told I could drop it there and then or have a home visit from a doctor to give their report to a decision maker,The doctor she has been out, Now almost April still waiting so expect to be in for the long haul and all the stress and worry that goes with it.
    I must add I had my GP reports for all that is wrong with me and from other's as well in the health service.
    WillieJ

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    morning forum,

a while a go i got a decision not to award my dla so i put in for a reconsideration. after asking for this i got a letter that there was a lack of information and then had to fill in another lengthy form, well at least it gave me a chance to sit down and look where i went wrong.

i sent the form back recorded plus i also included new doctors evidence and other things.

however i am concerned at the time it is taking to do my reconsideration as it is running in to the 3rd month. i did check and they have got all paperwork and am wondering if this wait time is normal?

if it runs in to another month should i contact the dwp or simply wait it out?

mike
    look on the bright side they have not yet turned you down a normal reconsider takes about 11 weeks so its not been much longer than average and in that time they have asked for more info so your case must not be clear cut or simple to them I would give them another 2 weeks then call

Yes 11 weeks is about normal - to be honest advisors consider it a good sign if a claim is taking longer to process. They might be waiting on a GP or other medical report, which all adds to the time. You included new doctors evidence which I'm sure they will want to verify - maybe to determine when and how your condition worsened.