Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone call no form is this the norm?

Phone call no form is this the norm?

My buddy got a phone call saying he would get a medical form to fill in in around two weeks sadly I was not about when he got it. the medication he is on he is on wipes him out so he did not get a name or telephone number from what I can work out 4 weeks has passed since the call and no form.

From the horror stories I have read it has to be returned with in 4 or 6 weeks could any one let me know if this is normall not to get the form in the window of time stated or should I start to make calls and if so who to. I have noticed several on the forum not getting the form but a note saying their benefit had stoped as they had not filled it in.

Jack M

davewhit
    the new time limit is now 4 weeks to fill the form in

Make the calls, yes. The form may yet come & it is always from the date on the form. It is best to try to find out what is happening.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

who to contact when form is not in post?

davewhit

Thats the problem he got the call to say the form would be sent it has not bee sent within the "about two weeks" in the States this is not less than 14 days and no more than 21 days and as I do not know how the UK system works I am at a loss, so who do I contact on my buddys behalf to say he was told the form would arrive in around two weeks and it has not I can only stay in the UK for two more months and since I have been calling in every day to try to sort things out I have delt with the mail and I have not seen any medical forns. So who do I need to contact to say it has not turned up?
    Whats the next step

Jack M

davewhit
    you need to contact the DWP office dealing with his claim asap

can not find area office telephone number

davewhit.Stepheninleeds

Thanks for the information. I googled DWP Thorpe Norwich, DWP Norwich and I can find no numbe. there is no other info but the telephone call way back am I looking the right address up for the area? or what do I need to look up to find the contact number.The DWP home site links in a circle but gives no numbers.

Jack M

Call the main DWP number & ask. Not knowing which benefits he claims it is hard to say what this is about, even then could be hard. There is a problem with this, in most cases they will not discuss specific details relating to a claim without the person making the claim giving consent, & both parties have to be present for that to happen, either in person on by the phone. This is because of Data Protection laws, & privacy rights. Your friend should have letters relating to any benefits he has claimed, these will have phone numbers, his National Insurance Number, etc, on them. This information is needed when making any calls. I would call & see what is what. If it comes down to it he may just have to wait & see if he gets any letters about any benefits being stopped as he has not returned a form, or sending a letter saying he has to send back the form immediately.

I think your friend needs to consider having someone act on his behalf, legally. This does not mean they would have full rights to make all decisions for him, it can be partly, or with his consent & knowledge. He would need to seek legal advice on this, & what options would suit him best. if this is done he can then allow this person to deal with certain matters as required, & once organisations are informed of this they can then discuss such matter with this person when required. He could also contact Social Service & discuss such options with them, they might be able to help.

Here is a list of some contact numbers for some benefits he is likely to be claiming or asked to claim:
    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/contact-us/
    Last edited by Stepheninleeds; 04-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hi Guys

I found a 0845 contact number after about 45 minutes I got through to the right department. The girl wanted to know his insurance number and zip code and asked for him to ok me dealing with it (the nurse had been in to change dressings and he had a slug of oramorph and was less than cohearent I think if you had stood on the cat the would have accepted the noise). It was in Hull. checked it out on the map no where near Norfolk. Anyway explained the situation to the girl who said what my buddy was told that the form would come in around two weeks could be anything from two weeks to eight weeks I asked for her name which she would not give apart from Jane no reference number I asked her to record the request in his file which she claimed she would do. Do I sit back and wait. Is this how things are done in England. It seemed a lot different to when I was stationed over here in the 50s.

Jack M

This is the norm, & you are lucky to get permission that way as that is a breach of the rules. Yes, they only give our first names you cannot track them down & do bad things to them. The problem is that there is always more than one person with the same first name. If it turns out there is no record of the call, you are in the wrong, not them. The date & time is the reference.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    This is the norm, & you are lucky to get permission that way as that is a breach of the rules. Yes, they only give our first names you cannot track them down & do bad things to them. The problem is that there is always more than one person with the same first name. If it turns out there is no record of the call, you are in the wrong, not them. The date & time is the reference.

Stepheninleeds

Who would want to do bad things to them they only do what is ask of them by your government and as for no call reference thats a bad thing apart from your own time and date as a reference. Every municipal office we contact may only give their first name but will allways give a point of reference. Sounds underhanded to me.