Thread: ESA assessment rate and letter to attend "back to work support interview"

ESA assessment rate and letter to attend "back to work support interview"

I'm still on ESA assessment rate, I haven't had a f2f assessment yet, but have been sent an appointment for a "back to work support interview". It does state it is voluntary. Why on earth are they doing this?! It seems crazy to me. Is there any point in going... or not going to this?

(Note: I only anticipate being out of work for up to a year, hopefully no more than 6 months from now.)

It's just a standard thing.

Those in WRAG have to attend "Work Focused Interviews", they are mandatory, how often depends on your conditions, how long you have been claiming, if you have done the Work Programme, etc.

Those in Support Group do not have to attend these, but may be asked to go to the JC+ and have a chat, these are not mandatory and they can refuse to go.

As you are still on assessment they are not sure which should apply and so do the same as support group and ask you to go but don't mandate you.

As it is voluntary then it is up to you whether you go or not.
    If you don't feel you can manage it then tell them so and don't go.
    If you can manage it there is no harm in showing a bit of willingness and going along.

Basically it will just be a chat with what should be your future Jobcentre advisor/contact to talk about your condition and how you are managing, if you are doing or would maybe consider any voluntary work, and stuff like that.
    You won't be asked to do anything, it's just a chat.

It will not affect your assessment whether you go or not, in fact the assessor and Decision Maker will not know anything about it.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Thank you very much for the reassurance!