Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got a letter from ESA, what does limited capability for work mean?

Just got a letter from ESA, what does limited capability for work mean?

Hope someone can help. I got a letter today saying that

we have decided that you have limited capability for work and that your award of esa and national insurance credits are goin to continue.

31/03/2012 is the date on the letter

the amount you recieve on the 92nd day of the award depends on whether your limited capability continues
    What does this mean? Will they reassess me again 92 days after the 31st of March?

Quote Originally Posted by lastfirst View Post
    Hope someone can help. I got a letter today saying that

What does this mean? Will they reassess me again 92 days after the 31st of March?
    It means your have been accepted as having health problems that make you currently unfit for work. BUT, you will be asked to attend work focused interviews at the Job center with a view to seeing if your health has improved so that you can do some work with the assistance of the Job Center.

Work Focused Interviews, what if I am unable to go to the Work Focused Interviews due to medical reasons?

You would have to provide proof of that, that does not give them the opportunity to threaten to suspend your ESA.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Basically I am housebound and I am sooooo stressed about the work focuses interviews. I really should not be in this group. I am appealing the decision and to put me into a different group. If I appeal will I still be forced into the work focused interviews?

1) How soon will I be requested to have a Work Focused interview? I was on the basic ESA rate from Nov untill I got the medical questionaire in Febuary, which I obviosuly sent off and then got put into the group I am in now as from the 31/05/12. I read somewhere that

The work-focused interview will usually take place about eight weeks after your initial claim
    But wasn't my initial claim from much earlier than the 31/05/12?

Basically I am housebound and I am sooooo stressed about the work focuses interviews. I really should not be in this group. I am appealing the decision and to put me into a different group. If I appeal will I still be forced into the work focused interviews?
    If you cannot show good reason for failing to attend a work focused interview, then your ESA can be cut until you comply.
    This gives you some idea as to what happens at the interview; http://esahelp.co.uk/interviews.php

You need medical evidence on being housebound. Anything less & you fail. I know this may sound harsh, but it is as simple as that. Even then, it is open to interpretation.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

davewhit
    some people who have appealed have told the local job center and interviews have been put on hold pending the appeal some people have told the local center they cant manage to get in for the meeting and have had them carried out on the telephone that seems to happen without much of a problem

Seems so strange as why am I in the Work-Related Activity Group as I was just looking over the letter again and why does it have a tick in the Support Group and no tick in the Work related activity group??? and why does it it say your case is due to come up for review on the 5/9/12 but why does it say at the top of the letter "limited Capability for work and limited capability work work related activity" at the top of all the letters??? Wish I could figure out what group I am in?